Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Perry Sportswear A2

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I thought I might post some photos of my original A2 and some of the memorabilia that came with it. The collection was given to me by the widow of a friend of mine back in the late 90s. There is more, dress pinks and greens, brief case, footlocker and more, no crusher though! As you can see, there is a Ronson Lighter with his nick name on it, a Waltham Watch, Sheaffer fountain pen, assorted wings, a good luck bracelet, ring, compas 8th Airforce patch, identification, two whistles, one marked Regulation U.S. Army Soled Brass the other marked Metropolitan Police London. But the most interesting artefact is the unassuming little green note book! It list all his 25 missions and little comments on them! He was with the 92Bg, Fames Favored Few, also known as the Oop group because V.T. Hamlin creator of the Alley Oop comic strip adopted them and painted some of their planes an jackets with Alley Oop and his friends. My friends flew with 326th Sqd. but finished with the 40th Squadron. He also flew with Red Morgan, if you have ever watched the movie Twelve O'clock High, the opening seen with the copilot that flew the B-17 with one hand while trying to wrestle control of the plane from the mortally wounded pilot, that was Morgan, he won the Medal of Honer for that mission! Apparently Morgan was a sergeant pilot before the war, and my friend said he was crazy, but the best pilot in the group. I hope some of you enjoy this small collection.
Jacket1.jpg
Jacket2.jpg
Jacket3.jpg
Jacket5.jpg
Jacket6.jpg
Jacket8.jpg
Jacket7.jpg
Log2.jpg
Log3.jpg
Log4.jpg

Persimmon

One of the Regulars
Wonderful to see

Wonderful to see.
If you are ever interested in selling parts of the collection please let me know.
Best Wishes
Alan

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Journal

Phantomfixer said:
Awesome journal. Are there more pages.....
Yes, it is a small notebook as you can see in the photo, but it has all 25 missions, and the time frame of leaving the states to his return!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Sell

Persimmon said:
Wonderful to see.
If you are ever interested in selling parts of the collection please let me know.
Best Wishes
Alan
Absolutely not for sale, you could not pay me enough! Besides, it would be a crime to break up the collection, then you would only have a bunch of miss matched memorabilia!

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for sharing your wonderful collection. The grain on the goatskin Perry is beautiful and the jacket is in great shape.

C

csmiller

WOW for sure

That is an incredible collection. It is a treasure for sure. You are fortunate to have it given to you. Do you have it set up in a display?

Craig

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
More

No they are not on display right now, not enough room. here are a couple more pages, including the last mission and last page. I just noticed, he flew 33 missions! And a photo of his brief case, Air Medal and Distinguished Flying Cross. He got out after the war and went back to collage, then was called up for Korea, but did not fly. While in a friend said to him, "Hell Cactus, you mine as well stay in for 20" so he did, retired a Lt.Col. with Jag.
Jacket1.jpg
Log1.jpg
Log2.jpg
Log3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats