Phoenix Hat Company

Discussion in 'Hats' started by deadlyhandsome, Apr 1, 2018.

1. humanshoes

humanshoes One Too Many

That could never happen Regan. I've thoroughly enjoyed making those big damn hats for you and Brent. I didn't consider it when I first decided to make hats, but I've found the real upside is the people I get to make them for.

2. humanshoes

humanshoes One Too Many

Can do Max!

deadlyhandsome and drmaxtejeda like this.
  3. humanshoes

humanshoes One Too Many

That's exactly how I see it playing out RM.

4. Hurts doesn’t it? You think you’re developing a friendship and then you get knifed in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

humanshoes and Woodtroll like this.

5. Those FEPSA felts have my attention. I wonder if there could be some beaver available or if it’s all rabbit and hare? Hmmm, maybe some heathered felt? Velour?

Woodtroll likes this.
  6. Just A Hat Rack

Just A Hat Rack Practically Family

That looks like it's going to be a nice one Brent. I'm really digging that brim. These fine looking hats that Rick is putting out is making me anxious!

Ryan
    Hat size: 7 1/2

Woodtroll and deadlyhandsome like this.
  7. Woodtroll

Woodtroll Practically Family

Understood, Rick, it's all in good fun. It has been a real pleasure to "meet" and work with you, as well.

deadlyhandsome likes this.
  8. humanshoes

humanshoes One Too Many

I can't get beaver from them just yet Brent. I have some black rabbit/hare bodies coming from them as we speak, including one they call a "special pounce" and another in their "satin" finish. I'm looking forward to seeing the new bodies, but for now my color choices and felt options are limited.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    DOGMAN likes this.
  9. Rmccamey

Rmccamey My Mail is Forwarded Here

Very nice hats and great color combo's! Can't wait for mine...going dark brown with it! Even down here in Texas, "It's getting Cold Outside", so I'm looking forward to getting my Phoenix topper early in the new year!

10. Woodtroll

The wait is tough, but I promise you won't be disappointed. :)

Just A Hat Rack likes this.
  11. Rmccamey

I know, my patience gets the best of me sometimes! Thanks for the emotional support :)

12. humanshoes

humanshoes One Too Many

13. DesertDan

DesertDan One Too Many

Great looking hats gentlemen, Congrats!
    Got an email a while back and looks like my 'Arizona' is "gettin' up to the table" as it were!

I've heard good things of the FEPSA staple felts. Mike at Northwest had a run of them in heathered colors awhile back (if I'm remembering that correctly), I missed getting in on those.

Woodtroll and Just A Hat Rack like this.
  14. DesertDan

DesertDan One Too Many

I have one of those St. Regis Homburgs, the color and the quality of that felt is some of the nicest I have ever handled. I found, to my disappointment, that the Homburg shape does not look right on me. But I plan to have the hat reblocked to my usual fedora shape because I love that felt and its color so much I don't want to part with it.

humanshoes likes this.
  15. Woodtroll

Good news! A really nice hat will be on your doorstep before you know it.

16. Arizona 50X:
    This started many months ago as I was looking for someone to make me an Outlaw Josey Wales-esque hat after I was completely disappointed with a hat Staker Custom Hats made for me. Rick also liked the style and he showed a hat that was different but in the same vein; Rick has named this style the Arizona. I was hooked.

It arrived a day early and I love it. It’s made from a western hat body so it could accept the brim curl. The fit is perfect and I can’t stop grinning. The brim measures 3” with the curl so...3 1/4” before it was curled? All my other Phoenix hats were shipped open crown but I let Rick shape this hat for me and I love it. Everything about this hat is just what I wanted and Rick’s craftsmanship shines through.

My next Phoenix is a Sahara and I also have a dark moss in queue. I can’t wait!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you, Rick for making me the perfect hat...again.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  17. humanshoes

humanshoes One Too Many

You're more than welcome Brent. It was my pleasure making it for you and I'm especially happy that it fits. Not much margin for error with those stiff western bodies.

18. I was ever so slightly worried myself, but it fits like it was made for me.... :)

For me, it’s not just the end product but the process too. You make ordering custom hats pleasurable with zero stress. I can’t say enough about your hats and how easy it is to work with you via email.

Now let’s see about those Blue Smoke and Limestone felts. :)

19. Rmccamey

Nice. A very summertime sorta look to me. Hope you enjoy it.

20. Tukwila

Tukwila My Mail is Forwarded Here

What ate the colors on your Arizona, Brent? It looks fabulous!