Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phoenix Hat Company

RJR

I'm weighing the pros and cons of a brick and mortar shop for my retirement years. Knoxville doesn't have anything that resembles a proper hat store, but there may be a good reason for that.
Best wishes whatever you decide.You have the talent you need to decide if you'd get enough local traffic.

humanshoes

One Too Many
Inspired by yet another rainy day here in Tennessee, a fully adjustable hat drying rack. Made from an old cabinet door, some 1/2" oak dowel, and a vintage hat stretcher. Voila, no more damp hats taking up valuable bench space.
Custom Hat Rack 4.JPG
Custom Hat Rack 5.JPG

Woodtroll

One Too Many
My black cherry is on the block! Rick is so easy to work with and he pays attention to even the smallest details. Although this hat won’t see much use for the next couple of months I think it will see lots of wear once the weather cools down.

4181bfc4b683f67cb29bba97cc72ba16.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad to see this hat progressing. One, because you're getting ready to have another nice hat. Two, because that means mine is one step further along! ;) Mine is still 6 weeks or so out. I am trying my best to wait patiently and I promised Rick I would not bug him. It's going to be too darn hot to wear it when I first receive it anyway!

I'm glad to see this hat progressing. One, because you're getting ready to have another nice hat. Two, because that means mine is one step further along! ;) Mine is still 6 weeks or so out. I am trying my best to wait patiently and I promised Rick I would not bug him. It's going to be too darn hot to wear it when I first receive it anyway!

Did Rick have to buy a new block for your hat? I recalled him telling me that a company was a couple of weeks behind on a block he needed for another Lounger. They’re worth the wait in any case.

I’ve asked for another, but we’re waiting on Winchester to see what colors are available. I’m hoping for blue smoke or limestone. I hate waiting :)

Woodtroll

One Too Many
Did Rick have to buy a new block for your hat? I recalled him telling me that a company was a couple of weeks behind on a block he needed for another Lounger. They’re worth the wait in any case.

I’ve asked for another, but we’re waiting on Winchester to see what colors are available. I’m hoping for blue smoke or limestone. I hate waiting :)

Yes, since I shade towards a 7-3/4 (larger than a 7-5/8, but slightly smaller than most 7-3/4s), he wanted to wait until he had a block in hand to commit to building one for me. But, he did keep me in mind, and let me know as soon as he had one. I appreciate that kind of consideration from folks; it is all too rare these days!

A slight setback with my black cherry as Rick wasn’t happy with how the pouncing went and he’s ordered a new hat body from Winchester. That hat will be here long before it’s cool enough to wear it so no harm in the delay.

It also gave me the excuse I needed to commission a pecan that I’ve been thinking of. The felt and ribbon are ready to go.

3a1ea35ea48fc31411a5c609a81dd197.png

Rick has a serious perfectionist streak that we all hope our hatters have. Still couldn’t be happier.

RJR

A slight setback with my black cherry as Rick wasn’t happy with how the pouncing went and he’s ordered a new hat body from Winchester. That hat will be here long before it’s cool enough to wear it so no harm in the delay.

It also gave me the excuse I needed to commission a pecan that I’ve been thinking of. The felt and ribbon are ready to go.

3a1ea35ea48fc31411a5c609a81dd197.png

Rick has a serious perfectionist streak that we all hope our hatters have. Still couldn’t be happier.

The bottom line is you're being forced to get two customs,right?:cool:

I wanted the Phoenix Hat Co. to make me a hat in Blue Smoke or Limestone. The problem is that Winchester has a minimum order of 36 hats in each color. Do you think there is enough interest here to have 35 (I’m in for one) hats made? We would have to decide on just one color, unless we can commit to 70 hats (I’m good for one of each). What do you think? Is there enough interest...interest with money to spend?

Brent

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass