Phoenix Hat Company

Discussion in 'Hats' started by deadlyhandsome, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Hi Joe! Good to see you still wearing hats. You & your brother have a nice pair in these!

Tukwila and humanshoes like this.
  2. humanshoes

humanshoes One Too Many

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen. I have greatly appreciated your support and encouragement on my hat making journey.

3. Just A Hat Rack

Just A Hat Rack Practically Family

Those are some damn fine hats right there Rick. Excellent work. Thanks for putting more ideas in my head!

Tukwila and deadlyhandsome like this.
  4. humanshoes

humanshoes One Too Many

Thanks Ryan, but I think you have plenty of ideas without my help. :cool:

5. Just A Hat Rack

I like to call them inspirations.

6. My nutria closes in on a 1200 grit finish. I can feel it through my screen.

79CC6454-DA25-4A9E-9D5F-FDC6B47BA880.jpeg

tropicalbob, steur, Scooterz and 7 others like this.
  7. Redshoes51

Redshoes51 One of the Regulars

Progress... I have an order in his queue as well...

~shoes~

8. Phoenix thin ribbon in Winchester’s Willow beaver:

ED9BE0CA-8B99-4FF8-B80C-45972CECA095.jpeg 9E85AF00-E497-4ED7-8931-07480F2AD110.jpeg A806C3EE-5628-414A-9519-9899A53D9DE0.jpeg FF54786A-5EA4-4625-8DFD-7DE0FC88D3B1.jpeg 3DF41912-FEA9-43E1-A6B3-CB3FF237ED9E.jpeg

It’s not a very common color, and it’s not incredibly versatile, but it always makes me smile.

9. Tukwila

Tukwila My Mail is Forwarded Here

Very nice, Brent!

deadlyhandsome likes this.
  10. This thread needs a bump. Nothing will make you smile like a fine custom hat!

363E6574-D134-48C6-ABAA-0A37E5FEF590.jpeg D9AC622B-B6C1-4C14-8BE3-FB40481F4637.jpeg 800291BC-D25C-4130-946F-18478DE80802.jpeg

BKM, Rmccamey, 1961MJS and 11 others like this.
  11. Robieman

Robieman One of the Regulars

Received my latest hat from Rick yesterday, which proves not all Mondays are bad!!
    IMG_4939.JPG IMG_4941.JPG
    IMG_4942.JPG
    IMG_4943.JPG
    IMG_4944.JPG
    It is a dyed natural 100% beaver felt, in Ricks Arizona style. After seeing the size of the felt before he started, I hated for him to cut off so much of the brim width, so he left it and got a good 4 inch brim even after the curl. His Arizona's are usually around 3 inch brim. The last pic is from outside this morning, and is just a tad lighter looking than the actual felt. But it is a very nice shade of brown, my wife called it Sable, color.
    Thanks again Rick for this great hat. I intend to wear it often. (the big brim will help hide my mug!)

12. Just A Hat Rack

That is one nice hat! The Arizona XL is a winner in my book. Now I wish I had one.

humanshoes, Tukwila, jlee562 and 2 others like this.

13. That’s quite the hat! Congratulations to you and Rick.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    humanshoes, Tukwila and Robieman like this.
  14. Redshoes51

Redshoes51 One of the Regulars

GREAT looking hat!!! I have something similar in his queue...

Looking forward to it with great anticipation!

~shoes~

15. The anticipation is half the fun...that’s what I keep telling myself.

I just hope that when Ricks transitions to readymade hats he makes a few in my size and with large proportions!

Redshoes51, humanshoes and Robieman like this.
  16. Robieman

I agree with you Brent. I was thinking of telling him, "IF you WERE to make such in such hat, like this or that.....I'd get it!!!"
    Seriously, I'd be just as pleased with a "ready-made" of Ricks hats. He does such good work, and really takes care in his hat making. I'm wearing one he made for me today actually. I love it.

17. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

Love that hat! Natural is such a great colour that I don't think gets enough love. Did you go western weight to get the brim width?

Tukwila, deadlyhandsome and Robieman like this.
  18. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

Yes, as a size 59cm I should be okay when he transitions to ready to wear. I love Rick's work....he is a brilliant hatter.

deadlyhandsome and Robieman like this.
  19. Robieman

Yes. And it's not really that heavy feeling. Originally I was going to go with a 3 inch-ish brim, (easier for driving in the truck) but when Rick told the dimensions that were possible once he started working it, I hated for him to cut it down! So asked to keep as much as possible. I'm very pleased with how it came out. Rick did such a great job on this one.

20. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

I have an 'Arizona' style hat that Art made for me in his Limestone colour, a darker natural or very light granite. It is a very stiff dress weight with the 3" brim.