Phoenix Hat Company

Discussion in 'Hats' started by deadlyhandsome, Apr 1, 2018.

1. humanshoes

humanshoes One Too Many

I've stamped my own sweats from the beginning CWV. I started out with an old Franklin machine, which I still have, and then acquired a couple of newer Howard imprinters that I mostly use now.

2. Just A Hat Rack

Just A Hat Rack Practically Family

Very nice Brent. Congrats on another piece of Rick's fine workmanship.

deadlyhandsome likes this.

3. Scales are definitely still on it. I’m quite surprised at how soft and supple these snakeskins are too.

4. Thanks, Ryan. I hope the world gets back to normal and more if Rick’s work shows up here.

Just A Hat Rack likes this.

5. Thanks again, Rick. It might not have recreated the vintage western beaver felt we were after, but it’s a nice western hat all the same. The mottling doesn’t bother me at all...some people pay for some distressing. I’m also glad that we put the snakeskin band on this hat and not the Walden. The snakeskin bands are relatively heavy and the firmer felt is a better vehicle for them.

Still waiting for my invoice.

6. Redshoes51

Redshoes51 One of the Regulars

I found this on my front steps just a short while ago...

Photos to follow soon...

~shoes~

phoenix.png

7. I was hoping “soon” meant a few minutes.... :)

8. Redshoes51

hat2.png hat1.png

I apologize for the delay... I still have some lingering health issues from that spine infection from two years ago... Doc told me that I was in for a long recovery... but...

Anyway...

My hat from Phoenix... beautiful... I LOVE it... it’s one of his ‘Arizona’ style hats that I hope will visit Arizona when possible...

It’s a four-inch brim... I lean more towards Western-style hats.

Anyway, well worth the wait... what with the virus and my own health issues, where the Hell was I going...

Thanks so much, Rick...

~shoes~

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020

9. Good looking hat! I think it looks better with the wider brim too.

Rmccamey, Robieman and Redshoes51 like this.
  10. 1961MJS

1961MJS My Mail is Forwarded Here

Hi
    Looks good, never would have picked that ribbon color, but it looks good.
    Later

Redshoes51 likes this.
  11. Just A Hat Rack

Looks good. I like the wide brim as well. I hope you and the hat find your way back to AZ soon!

Redshoes51 and deadlyhandsome like this.
  12. Redshoes51

Hi there, HatRack... I would love to get back out to that place in your profile photo... one of my favorite places to be... I understand that Covid has played great havoc with the Navajo Nation...

I think I'm going to like this hat quite a bit....

~shoes~

13. Just A Hat Rack

I like the hat quite a bit. That one or something very similar to it has been on my want list, but it will probably be a while before I have one due to financial reasons and there are at least a style or two I have ahead of it that I would like.

I was lucky to have the rare opportunity to visit Monument Valley a little over a year ago, and I instantly fell in love with the place. I wish I could have stayed longer. My only regret was drinking a little too much whiskey on an empty stomach and not being able to soak in the night sky like I normally would have wanted to. I was also sidetracked by some neighboring campers from Germany with whom I had good company with for an hour or two. It is disheartening to hear of the havoc that covid has wreaked on the Navajo nation. I surely hope they are able to overcome this soon. In any case, I have no idea if or when I'll be able to return. For now I'm left with vivid memories and photographs of my experience in the hope that I may be able to see it again some day.

Redshoes51 and deadlyhandsome like this.
  14. Just Daniel

Just Daniel One Too Many

That hat looks great!

deadlyhandsome likes this.
  15. Woodtroll

Woodtroll Practically Family

Nice hats, gentlemen! I'm glad to see that Rick is still finding time to turn out fine hats occasionally, with all of the other things he's into. Every time I see one of his hats I get a craving, but with three that he's built for me, two Gannons, and a small handful of Akubras and Resistols, I have my "needs" pretty well met. I'm pretty certain I won't wear out any of my customs in my lifetime, but it sure is fun to see everyone else's!

16. Courier Six

Courier Six New in Town

It’s nice to peak in this thread every now and then since it builds anticipation for my first custom ever that Rick will do.

Looking forward to the days and seeing it age with me and taken on a few trails.

17. T Jones

T Jones I'll Lock Up

That sure is nice. Rick did a nice job on that. I definitely need to get some curling shackles.

Redshoes51 likes this.
  18. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

check out the one GuyMorseBrown sells. He also has a YouTube vid showing him using it. I love mine.

deadlyhandsome and T Jones like this.
  19. Redshoes51

I am really enjoying it... I have several new hats that are begging to be worn...

That whole region out there talks to me, if you know what I mean... I don't know if I lived there in a previous life... but I adore it... Monument Valley... Arches... Canyonlands.... The Grand Canyon...

One of these days...

~shoes~

20. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

It is truly a magical place. I started going to Utah 25 years ago....hiking in Canyonlands it was easy to be alone....hiking all day and not seeing another human. It was possible to get a camping site in Arches most days. Alas, these days it has been "discovered" and Arches, Canyonlands are abuzz with people. Moab is a zoo now with its own airport. Zion was busy back then but still enjoyable now they are talking about a reserve system to keep the crowds or hordes under control.