Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of cool jackets owned by others (non-brand specific)

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
20180612_2730961.jpg

20180612_2731125.jpg

20180612_2731003.jpg

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Hey that's my Windward, adjusted to fit stick figures.

View attachment 451086 View attachment 451087
@Marc mndt What???? You didn't know you were selling your jacket through a crappily constructed fake website for $58.00!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Dude----we can just CUT OUT THE MIDDLE MAN here and I will gladly pay you the $58.00 directly. You can ship it to me at your convenience!!! No need to dabble with these questionable scam sites bro!!!!!!
I'm just trying to help you out here.......

I'm into Helpfulness........ It's my new THING!!!!!

Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Is this the Rainbow Country Windward? I think I remember seeing that background from Mushmans, I'm considering one of the new season's Seal or Black ones. The Mushman's collaboration leathers are nice but some are a bit too wild for me.
Yeah that’s the Rainbow country and Mushman collab from a while ago. I’ve been looking up their stuff on their FB photos.
I hope to get one of their jackets soon.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
It looks a lot like this Ralphs pugh, slightly different zipper configuration though.

View attachment 451878 View attachment 451879
Nice Ralph Pugh! I saw this jacket and a few others (Topline...etc) on Yahoo Auction in Japan. Always hung in front of some lattice for the photo shoot. And now the more I dig into this the more I see the shadows of "Rainbow Country". Can't figure them out just yet. My general theory is that the guy behind Rainbow Country has these vintage jackets he copies and then sells them on Yahoo Auction before releasing his own repros under his own brand and through his buddies brands. Anyways I got the Cushman one coming in December so we will know more soon.

There is also a Japanese Trojans repro I found. I bet I can link them to the botched nightrider Trojan posted here on the forum somehow.

Exciting stuff...

Love the design but unless the camera angle is playing games the front panel appears morbidly misaligned.
You're spot on. IT is very mis aligned. like off by an inch. However, I believe this is by intend. I've seen this original jacket on Yahoo auction and if I can just find the photo the original it may be like that, and I assumed the Japanese Repro just copied exactly. It is strange but it's also kinda cool. The same goes with inside pocket. IT's strangely done. Half of the welt cuts into the inside facing. I have a feeling the original was like that. This is like those worms aged cheese. Strange but taste good.
One thing these repro guys needs to understand is the vintage jackets has stretched over the years and that's where a lot of the overhang and misalignment comes from. If the repro is done like this on day one it might be "over" hung in another 20 years. But then again jackets just aren't worn as often as they once were so that could also be a major factor.
Anyways I will do a side by side with my Aeros once I can get my hands on these jackets.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
IMG_7778.jpg

I believe the night rider Trojan in the Classifieds is the grand daddio for these repros from Japan. I don't know what brands they were marketed under though. Saw them on Cushman's Instagram but I don't think they are under his brand. Sure smells like Rainbow Country but under what retail brand?

Nice Ralph Pugh! I saw this jacket and a few others (Topline...etc) on Yahoo Auction in Japan. Always hung in front of some lattice for the photo shoot. And now the more I dig into this the more I see the shadows of "Rainbow Country". Can't figure them out just yet. My general theory is that the guy behind Rainbow Country has these vintage jackets he copies and then sells them on Yahoo Auction before releasing his own repros under his own brand and through his buddies brands. Anyways I got the Cushman one coming in December so we will know more soon.

There is also a Japanese Trojans repro I found. I bet I can link them to the botched nightrider Trojan posted here on the forum somehow.

Exciting stuff...

You're spot on. IT is very mis aligned. like off by an inch. However, I believe this is by intend. I've seen this original jacket on Yahoo auction and if I can just find the photo the original it may be like that, and I assumed the Japanese Repro just copied exactly. It is strange but it's also kinda cool. The same goes with inside pocket. IT's strangely done. Half of the welt cuts into the inside facing. I have a feeling the original was like that. This is like those worms aged cheese. Strange but taste good.
One thing these repro guys needs to understand is the vintage jackets has stretched over the years and that's where a lot of the overhang and misalignment comes from. If the repro is done like this on day one it might be "over" hung in another 20 years. But then again jackets just aren't worn as often as they once were so that could also be a major factor.
Anyways I will do a side by side with my Aeros once I can get my hands on these jackets.
To me it looks like a copy of a jacket that had a main zip replacement that was poorly done, and as a result the panels are out of alignment. I’ve had plenty of 70-80 year old jackets but the panels never became misaligned from storage. Leather may sag etc but metal does not, and that’s what aligns the two sides.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
To me it looks like a copy of a jacket that had a main zip replacement that was poorly done, and as a result the panels are out of alignment. I’ve had plenty of 70-80 year old jackets but the panels never became misaligned from storage. Leather may sag etc but metal does not, and that’s what aligns the two sides.
Oh crap! I just pulled the trigger.... I hope the misalign is just a sample then. That photo is from the trunk show sample I think. Or I hope... I honestly thought they did that on purpose since the riveted zip has to be set exactly where they want it to be... fingers crossed...

Oh crap! I just pulled the trigger.... I hope the misalign is just a sample then. That photo is from the trunk show sample I think. Or I hope... I honestly thought they did that on purpose since the riveted zip has to be set exactly where they want it to be... fingers crossed...
Hopefully just a bad camera angle!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ