Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Picked up a couple of interesting jackets from Spain and Italy this past wknd...

Navin323i

Practically Family
Peacoat said:
It's not a peacoat. It's a corduroy coat styled after a peacoat.

Careful what you call a peacoat; the peacoat police are active these days. I saw one yesterday.

I have noticed that elasticized waist band on police jackets and motorcycle jackets over the last few years. I think my German Polizei jacket has the elastic waist band, as well as one of my motorcycle jackets. They are practical for that type of jacket, but not particularly appealing.

Mr. Peacoat

Haha!! I was waiting for you to post, my friend. I will humbly respect the peacoat police.

p.s. I STILL like "Cuorduroy Pijjekker" so I'll call it that. :D

Nighthawk

One of the Regulars
Peacoat said:
It's not a peacoat. It's a corduroy coat styled after a peacoat.

Mr. Freedom/Toyo Enterprises (who make Buzz Rickson's and Sugar Cane products) made the denim coat styled like a pea coat the other year. It looked really cool but expensive as hell. Also, Schott currently makes a denim version.

NH

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I don't mean to be too off topic, but I thought that the second jacket reminded me of my cousin's black leather jacket. It's lambskin, and it happens to be made in Italy, although I don't remember the name of the company. It also had a waistband similar to that one as well. On another note, those are actually nice jackets!

JanSolo

Practically Family
Ah, the German "Polizeijacke". German authorities never fail to amaze with carefully selected wardrobe.....*yucky* *yucky* *yucky*

16581i-Polizei-Lederjacke.gif

Italian-wiseguy

One of the Regulars
Navin323i said:
Have you heard of the Italian brand, Parri's? I've never heard of it myself.

Navin

Never heard of it myself, so I assumed it's some sort of small brand, possibly family owned; so I did my research without too many hopes to find it, but..

http://www.parris.it/eindex.html

it seems they are still in the business; they're in Florence, a traditional place for leather.

Ciao! :)

Italian-wiseguy

One of the Regulars
Navin

now that I think about it, the leather jacket you give to your father (Parri's) looks a lot like leather flight jackets issued to italian Air Force pilots:

http://www.toppetoppetoppe.it/dettagli.asp?idp=125&categoria=3
basic difference is, those have an halfbelt and an action back.

I'm not sure if Parri's ever had a commission from the Air Force, and I seriously doubt as they seem to be a very little, high-street brand;
so I presume they copied and simplified the style.

Ciao!!

PS
I hope the link works; the one showed in the link I found seems to be one created for civilian market, as you can see by para-miltary symbols ;) (but rank insignia is original);
as far as I know, those italian air force jackets have some different makers, and some time pop up in the Bay (giacca volo pelle, or giubbotto volo pelle).

Navin323i

Practically Family
The Good said:
I don't mean to be too off topic, but I thought that the second jacket reminded me of my cousin's black leather jacket. It's lambskin, and it happens to be made in Italy, although I don't remember the name of the company. It also had a waistband similar to that one as well. On another note, those are actually nice jackets!

Thanks bro! I didn't think you were off topic and even if you were it's all good... I'm pretty laid back with the posts in my thread so no worries. :)

Navin323i

Practically Family
JanSolo said:
Ah, the German "Polizeijacke". German authorities never fail to amaze with carefully selected wardrobe.....*yucky* *yucky* *yucky*

16581i-Polizei-Lederjacke.gif

Except for the waistband, those jackets don't look bad at all.

Personally I think the reason why the waistband is so pronounced on the leather jacket that I'll be giving my dad is because the jacket length is too short for my body. If the length were a little longer then the waistband would be more easily hidden by the leather material above it, if you know what I mean.

Navin323i

Practically Family
Italian-wiseguy said:
Never heard of it myself, so I assumed it's some sort of small brand, possibly family owned; so I did my research without too many hopes to find it, but..

http://www.parris.it/eindex.html

it seems they are still in the business; they're in Florence, a traditional place for leather.

Ciao! :)

Italian-wiseguy said:
Navin

now that I think about it, the leather jacket you give to your father (Parri's) looks a lot like leather flight jackets issued to italian Air Force pilots:

http://www.toppetoppetoppe.it/dettagli.asp?idp=125&categoria=3
basic difference is, those have an halfbelt and an action back.

I'm not sure if Parri's ever had a commission from the Air Force, and I seriously doubt as they seem to be a very little, high-street brand;
so I presume they copied and simplified the style.

Ciao!!

PS
I hope the link works; the one showed in the link I found seems to be one created for civilian market, as you can see by para-miltary symbols ;) (but rank insignia is original);
as far as I know, those italian air force jackets have some different makers, and some time pop up in the Bay (giacca volo pelle, or giubbotto volo pelle).

Ciao, my friend! Thanks for the info and the links work fine. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy