Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pin-up Name

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
"Ada Weiss"

(a play on Edelweiss, and if you pronounce the Weiss correctly, it sounds like "vice" which is, of course, perfect for a saucy pinup!)

Good luck with your search and let us know what you pick! :)

LaydiRaevin

New in Town
I don't know i'm still stumped, everything you guys suggested are beautiful names but i don't think they are me. My brother can't think of anything either. I think i might just use my first name ans my mothers maiden name.

Lesley Luis

griffer

Practically Family
Agnes Mooch...

Naw, how about...

Dolfi Putzkammer

'Dolfi' an endearment of Dolfine, or Adolfina, but also a term for Japaneses fantasy, ball jointed fashion dolls.

'Putzkammer' literally means a dressing-chamber, a room for dress and ornaments, but in Yiddish, 'Putz' is a slang for male genitalia and 'kammer' is a chamber or small room. In a coded way, the double entendre is pretty funny....

TOTTIE

One of the Regulars
erudite filth, but filth nonetheless.

hmm, actually, what with the double entendre and the mention of Germans, has anyone suggested Lola as a pin-up name? It makes me think of that wonderful song - Marlene Dietrich sang it in 'The Blue Angel' in 1930

So: how about 'Naughty Lola'?

They call me naughty Lola
The wisest girl on earth
At home my pianola
It works for all it's worth
The boys all love my music I can't keep them away
So my little pianola keeps working night and day

griffer

Practically Family
dang it, i did it again. oops.

Putzkammer is a real name.... i swear...

I was thinking about Die Blaue Engel quite a bit...

Lola Engel...

Lola Gelli...

Gelli Raubal...

wait, scratch that...

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
TOTTIE said:
Fletch I love those names! Can you come up with a surname to go with Tottie (for a wealthy young lady)?

Tottie Mont-D'or - stolen from Around the World with Auntie Mame - nouvea riche couple from Brooklyn who thought it had more cache than their real name - Goldberg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou