Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pink Lipstick

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
cherry lips said:
I love pink lipstick as well as red, and if you're worried it won't look vintage, just check out this thread (esp. the 40's adds):

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=28450&highlight=hot+pink+lippy

I use MAC's Girl about town and Chatterbox, and they're lovely.

Exactly! no matter how much people want to claim that -red- is the only vintage look, it just does not mesh with actual documentation from the era.

Sure...maybe pinups all wore red, but not all of us are pinups and speaking for myself, I don't even aspire to that look.

And to be perfectly honest, I have worn a dark fuchsia lipstick to an event where I -knew- that everyone was going to follow the same old 'Red lippy is THE vintage look' rules........just to be contrary and not a sheep. ;)

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Sweet Lips (30) by No 7 - in fact a fuchsia color
3504821570_819b1e8ae8_b.jpg

appy

Familiar Face
I just bought a tube of Revlon Moon Drops Love That Pink. It looks lovely, and I can't wait to try it! It's got the same vibrant pop as a true red, except it's pink. If it's anything like Besame's Exotic Pink, then I KNOW I will love it! :D

TillyMilly

One of the Regulars
I love, love, love Ruby woo and Cherries in the Snow. They are my holy grail lippies. A softer red is MAc russian red or Ramblas Red. Good yellow reds are MAC Brave Red and MAC lady Bug.

For pinks try: MAC lustering, lickable, chatterbox, utter fun - and more blue-pink are - Girl about town and Show Orchid. MAC also do a pale pink which is more matte called Pink Plaid.

I'm a Bright/ Clear winter colour type so the blue pink don't really suit me as well as the red pinks.

I've seen Revlion Love that pink and I think I'll be getting that next.

RichieDagger

New in Town
cherry lips said:
Hello gang!

I'm looking for a hot pink lipstick shade that would pass for 50's or 40's. First of all, did they wear that shade then?
I've been browsing several threads and seen pics of "cherries in the snow". To me it looks like something close to the hot pink/deep pink I'm looking for. However, you call it a red (maybe it just looks pink on the screen). Besame has something called exotic pink, also close to what I'm looking for. But we don't have that brand in Sweden, so maybe you could recommend a MAC shade for instance? It musn't look post-50's . Thank you sweethearts!

The color I use for this is two different shades from Hard Candy. Granted, its a drug-store brand, now found at Wal-Mart, but I swear by their colors. It's the only drug-store brands that's makeup is actually a decent quality. I think the pink I used was called Cupid.

As for being worn in the 40s or 50s, I'm not sure, but I tend to edge more towards psychobilly and whatnot in my appearance, which is a much more exaggerated style than worn back then.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss Golightly said:
Today I found the pink lipstick that I have been looking for for years :) - Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle - it's the colour that Vanessa Paradis is wearing in the print and TV ads:

I really like MAC's Craving, which is very, very similar (just a tad darker) to this Chanel shade (at a fraction of the price!).

Also, for a fun stab at pink, try Tangee lipstick, a real old-time favorite (available through the Vermont Country Store). It doesn't have a ton of staying power, and it won't be pink on everyone (because it's color changes based on your skintone), but on me it gives a nice, lovely bright pink.

For a red with a really pink base, try MAC's MAC Red.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I'm sure bourjois did one that was like that, i know they did a gloss way back that had gold bits in, i have got to nip into Boots later, so i'll have a little looky Puzzicato. x

Miss sofia

One Too Many
AAh they have actually removed the Bourjouis counter in my local Boots, so sorry, i did check out the other brands but nothing with gold bits unfortunately. A blooming nuisance as i love their eyeshadows particularly. x

Trumpetina

New in Town
Puzzicato said:
I've decided that I would really like a rose pink lipstick with a gold shimmer to it. Does anyone know if such a thing exists or do I have to buy a pink lippy and layer gold gloss over it?

A couple of years ago I bought a really nice pinkish gold lipstick and gloss from Victoria's Secret. I am unsure if they still have it, but they ought to have something similar!

Puzzicato

One Too Many
I went into MAC on Thursday and came away with the Pro longwear in Perennial Rose. It is just lovely! My husband thinks I should always wear it instead of red. Fat chance! But it is nice. It is a slightly darker pink than I thought I wanted, but very flattering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy