Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pipe Accessories for DH for Holidays

cynthiacolombo

New in Town
I am asking here so DH doesn't see this, he never comes to the Powder Room. ;) I have been trolling Ebay and Google but have not seen much I have liked in the way of vintage (or vintage looking) pipe accessories. Match holders, pipe stands or holders, humidors that type of thing. I can go as high as $100. Anyone have any ideas where to look? Or a DH that may know? Just ask them not to post the question to the general list or the jig will be up.

Question #2
Does anyone know if there is anywhere in the upper Midwest (we are in Madison WI) where they ever have an old fashioned dinner and dancing? I have always wanted to have dinner, listen to an orchestra and then sit at the table with a cocktail and dance and listen someone croon...am I in fantasy land here or is that in the realm of possibility? Maybe in Chicago?

Thanks Ladies!

Miss_Becky

Familiar Face
I'm always hoping to hear or see something going on like that around the cities too...but it's usually just car shows and 'vintage' fashion shows here and there. And hardly anyone dresses up. We need more events in the midwest! I would love to go to dinner/show, that would be so fun.

As for the Pipes - "Stogies on Grand"...My friend's boyfriend smokes cigars and a pipe. I know that he always shops here for his supplies. He smokes a corncob type of pipe...so they must carry vintage/classic styles. I don't know if you go to the Twin Cities ever, but it's right on Grand Ave. in St.Paul. They have a website with info., but no pictures of their products. I'm sure it'd be worth the trip though! It's a great gift for a smoker.

http://www.stogiesongrand.com/categories.php?catID=2

cynthiacolombo

New in Town
Thanks both of you I will check them out right away!

Miss Becky where are you? Maybe we could try to get people together for something once a year? It wouldn't be the whole shabang but who knows what we could come up with.

jemjefferson

New in Town
Creepy. I was coming here to start the same thread. Keep us posted if you find anything good and I will do the same.

Im in complete agreement about more in the mid-west. The events catagory always has things for NY and California. No fair.

Miss_Becky

Familiar Face
HI Cynthia, I'm from the Twin Cities!

I don't know what it would cost time and money wise to get something going. ...But I think even if we all just showed up one day to a nice old neighborhood restaurant dressed in our finest, that would be inexpensive and fun too! The more people that attend the more of an 'event' it would be. There are a few nice old fashioned dining places in Mpls/St.Paul.

If there are any other Midwestern folks in the Lounge with other ideas, that would be great. I think something like this should happen...we have all winter to plan ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats