Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please identify these wool coats

Naphtali

Practically Family
I just watched the 1966 Burt Lancaster-Lee Marvin motion picture, "The Professionals," again. Wonderful entertainment. In the movie the four professionals wore identical olive drab medium weight wool coats. Coats appear to be double breasted, with buttons, belted cuffs, and full belt. Please identify the brand and model.

Parenthetically, Ralph Bellamy was wearing a narrow ribbon, fawn-colored hat at the beginning. While I believe it was an "Open Road" design with snap brim, I would also be interested in its identification.

Naphtali

Practically Family
I have no ability to obtain graphics from DVDs. I searched the web for graphics and found none of Lancaster, Ryan, Marvin, or Strode in his coat. Nor did I find any of Bellamy in his fawn-colored hat.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Naphtali-
If you play the DVD in your computer, it's easy enough to make a screen grab, even without any screen grabbing program.

Just pause the movie whre you want to make the "still" and hit a "print screen", the "PrtScr" button on a PC, then paste it into anything, like Photoshop, Windows photo editor, Paint, etc(edit if necessary). Then just save it appropriately and upload it here. Easy?

I have done it this way to get photo resources for my own costuming projects.

I'm intrigued...
Please make the effort.

B
T

Naphtali

Practically Family
BellyTank said:
Naphtali-
If you play the DVD in your computer, it's easy enough to make a screen grab, even without any screen grabbing program.

Just pause the movie whre you want to make the "still" and hit a "print screen", the "PrtScr" button on a PC, then paste it into anything, like Photoshop, Windows photo editor, Paint, etc(edit if necessary). Then just save it appropriately and upload it here. Easy?

I have done it this way to get photo resources for my own costuming projects.

I'm intrigued...
Please make the effort.

B
T
Before I posted I attempted to obtain screen shots several ways -- whole screen capture (command-shift-3); defined capture (command-shift-4); and ScrapIt Pro. What I capture is solid black, regardless of the method. Perhaps the DVD has some sort of copy protection. And yes, my Mac OS is old.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Strange- I used to do something like that on my G3/OS9...

"Print screen", on a PC,(surprise, surprise)takes a snapshot of
whatever your screen is displaying.

If there's a paused movie on your screen- you'll have a picture of it.
Simple as that. Then you can edit it in whatever program you wish.

Strange it doesn't work with your Mac.

B
T

Naphtali

Practically Family
BellyTank said:
Strange- I used to do something like that on my G3/OS9...

"Print screen", on a PC,(surprise, surprise)takes a snapshot of
whatever your screen is displaying.

If there's a paused movie on your screen- you'll have a picture of it.
Simple as that. Then you can edit it in whatever program you wish.

Strange it doesn't work with your Mac.

B
T
Strange but true. Tried with and without pausing.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Naphtali said:
Please identify the brand and model.
Just who do you think we are around here?

carnac.jpg

Naphtali

Practically Family
Baron Kurtz said:
The overcoats in that movie were the "club" model by Humphrey Littleton. :rolleyes:

bk
Many thanks for this information. I just did AltaVista and Google advanced searches for more on Humphrey Littleton's location, but could find nothing pertinent. A host of hits on a house moving company in South Carolina, a musician, and a seventeenth-century aristocrat, but nothing on point.

Is Littleton still in business? Is the coat still in production?
Tomasso, I apologize if using the word "please" offended you. LOL. Great nostalgic photograph. . . . You're a cab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925