Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please suggest my size for a US Authentic A2

Tell Kathy I Love Her

Familiar Face
Hi. I'm 5'11", weigh 150 pounds, with a 36 inch chest and a 32 inch waist. I take a 15" neck and take a 32" sleeve. What size US Authentic do you think I should buy? I emailed Shaul and he said a size 40, but this seems a little big. Can any patient, kindhearted member help me? I would prefer not to ship jackets back and forth.

GoodTimesGone

One of the Regulars
With the U.S. Authentic A-2s another measurement that measures is your torso length (neck to waist). They fit L-O-N-G. I sold off a size 42 goatskin on ebay. I'm 168 pounds and 5'8" but don't have a gut. I usually wear a 40 or 42. For me I would buy a 40 or 40 Short next time. Good luck on your purchase!

GoodTimesGone

One of the Regulars
OOPS!:eusa_doh: I meant to say "measurement that matters". Also-with your 36 inch chest there is NO WAY I would get a 40. Probably a 38 at the most. You're also 2 inches smaller than me in the waist and an inch shorter in the arms. Hope this helps.

Tell Kathy I Love Her

Familiar Face
Thanks for the replies, I trust Shaul because they are his jackets, but size 40 does seem big to me. I also have a shorter torso than average. I'm thinking of going with a 36 or 38. I would love to get more advice. Thanks so far, good people. Also, thank you for this forum, I love A2 jackets.

yar

New in Town
Shaul suggested me size 40, I purchased 38 and its still a tiny bit too roomy. A 36 would fit me spot on. Trust your own measurements.

Tell Kathy I Love Her

Familiar Face
Shaul suggested me size 40, I purchased 38 and its still a tiny bit too roomy. A 36 would fit me spot on. Trust your own measurements.
Thanks yar. What is your height, weight, chest size and sleeve length if that is not too personal. It would help me decide what I need. Thanks if you want to share, I understand if you prefer not to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR