Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Plus Size Vintage

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
Puzzicato said:
I tried to search, but I couldn't find what I was looking for, so I apologise if this has been asked before!

I prefer wearing tights to stockings, because my thighs rub together, and it is fairly easy to find plus size fishnet tights in black, but does anyone know where I can get tan/nude plus size fishnet tights? My google searches either come up with black or the really large gauge ones in red and white from fetish shops. Which really is not the look I am going for!

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

haven't tried these but they seem decent http://www.spanx.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2990083&cp=2992042.3010018&parentPage=family

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thats insane!
If you want, I can mail them out to you.
Im all for saving people shipping money!
Just PM me and we can work something out :)

LD

palespider

One of the Regulars
for those of you who like to make your own clothes, do any of you happen to have any fav modern pattern sellers you like buy from that come put with pattern for over a 40 bust? (46 or 48 is my goal) im a 40-early 60s girl myself.

I know vintage is ideal but its some times a long and hard hunt.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
palespider said:
for those of you who like to make your own clothes, do any of you happen to have any fav modern pattern sellers you like buy from that come put with pattern for over a 40 bust? (46 or 48 is my goal) im a 40-early 60s girl myself.

I know vintage is ideal but its some times a long and hard hunt.
Are you looking for modern styles or repro/reprints? For modern styles, I tend to stick with Simplicity and Burda. They both have on-trend styles for plus sizes. For vintage styles, http://evadress.com/ has patterns above 40 and some multi-size patterns and the site lets you browse by size. All http://www.decadesofstyle.com/ patterns go to 46.

Foofoogal

Banned
I picked up some vintage plus stuff awhile back and have not sold one thing. Don't think I will be going that route anytime soon again. [huh]

zendy

A-List Customer
Darling!
aXXLOnsieskirtaquaFULLDRESS660.jpg

found on the Uk Ebay. I don't know why the picture wont work.[huh]

Puzzicato

One Too Many

Claireg

One of the Regulars
larger size 1950 dress advice needed please

Hi guys
i have been asked to whip up a few 1950 style dresses for larger girls - Im thinking vintage size 20 plus.
Can i please have some advice about what styles suit these figures?
Am thinking wiggle dresses probably do, but what about halter neck? full skirted dresses? pencil skirts?
Please can you give me some help, and maybe photos??
Thanks heaps
Claire

lareine

A-List Customer
Most bigger girls have bigger busts, making halter necks difficult or impossible to wear (big bras rarely come with configurable straps).

As a big girl myself, I want my dresses to have:
- wide straps or sleeves, so that I can cover my bra straps
- no high necklines (makes my bosom look like a pillow)
- a shaped waist to show that I am not actually huge everywhere
- fabric that drapes and skims rather than clings
- nothing too tight on my lower half, because I just look top-heavy unless there's fabric flowing down below to balance things out

This is from a plus-size hourglass perspective. Apple or pear girls may have conflicting advice!

Puzzicato

One Too Many
lareine said:
Most bigger girls have bigger busts, making halter necks difficult or impossible to wear (big bras rarely come with configurable straps).

As a big girl myself, I want my dresses to have:
- wide straps or sleeves, so that I can cover my bra straps
- no high necklines (makes my bosom look like a pillow)
- a shaped waist to show that I am not actually huge everywhere
- fabric that drapes and skims rather than clings
- nothing too tight on my lower half, because I just look top-heavy unless there's fabric flowing down below to balance things out

This is from a plus-size hourglass perspective. Apple or pear girls may have conflicting advice!

Wot she said. And I am cello-shaped.

I'm more comfortable with a bit of a sleeve, both to cover the bra straps and to hide my horrible arms.

A scoop neck is quite flattering, and an a-line or wider skirt is the best on me. I can wear pencil/wiggle skirts but then I have to wear heels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner