Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Pockets on a Polo Coat"

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"What would Look Better, slanted Pockets or Patch with Flaps?, On a tie belt Polo Coat"

4763718260_b74ed66d5c_b.jpg

model141.jpg

Lone_Ranger

Practically Family
I give up. Why, is it called a polo coat? It doesn't look like something you would wear on a horse, while playing a game, that requires athletic movements.

Edward

Bartender
I'd think more in term of functionality..... both look great to me, but if you tend to put your hands in your pockets a lot when walking out in Winter, the angled slash-pockets are porbably more practical.

Peacoat

Bartender
You asked about "Looks" so I have to say the patch pockets. If you had asked about functionality, I would have to say the slanted handwarmer pockets.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Lone_Ranger said:
I give up. Why, is it called a polo coat? It doesn't look like something you would wear on a horse, while playing a game, that requires athletic movements.
The polo coat was worn before and after matches as well as during breaks in play.

3308797jan19266mi.jpg

Tennis players wore them too.

5623119111930williamtilden0ph.jpg

As did golfers.

_41874952_hagen416-2430-20091206-95.jpg

normanf

One of the Regulars
A flap button over a zippered pocket looks dressy. Better than the button down flaps seen on many vintage jackets. I wanted mine to look different!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy