Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pop's Leather

kevinblack

New in Town
Ray,

Woah..... One red flag is enough, you have several. Thanks for the heads up and I will take your advice (all of it). I have several e-mails in with G&B aka Flightsuits. I am hoping to be in San Diego in December (doing the Disneyland etc thing) and I understand El Cajoun is within 8km so plan on visiting their showroom. I specifically asked if they would have a 46/48 Civil A-2 in seal on display assumi8ng one or the other actually fits me. If so I will probably buy off the rack, if not they can make me a Jacket, but at least I get to see their gear first hand.

I know what buying over the net is like, an Alpha CWU-45P sells here for AUD$270 plus postage. Over the net it's US$84 plus postage, but I got the size wrong so had to order another. Luckily I on-sold the original for what I paid for it. The round trip postage was more than the jacket if I had to send it back - hoping to avoid that dilemma this time.

Again, thanks for the heads up.

Regards,
Kevin

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
i have a Pops, with a fantastic painting on the back and a chit sewn in the lining, that i use for a beater...its a nice inexpensive jacket, and i was a rookie w/jackets at the time so detail was something i hadn't been familiar with...here is a photo of the back for starters:

Jacket1-1.jpg

James Miller

One of the Regulars
Pops leather flight jacket

I purchased a used one,and I have to say the leather is fairly heavy Not a bad jacket at all but is not like a lost worlds or Aero leather but if you want a good starter jacket it's not bad. I may let this one go because it's too tight on me. It does have a peice back and I dont think it was used much because it does'nt have any pilling on the knit sleeves or waist band. To answer the question It's not a bad jacket to wear on a daily basis. You won't feel bad if is gets used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL