Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Portable hathook

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
The design problem here is "Portable" and variable places to mount too. So the hook needs to be easy to carry around and be able to adapt to chairs and tables that one wishes to attach a hook too to hang ones hat. 20mm is too thick as is 42 mm wide and 85 mm long. Its an interest design problem and one I will play with as to how to carry something small that will work the way I would want it too. So while this particular hat hook works it has too many issues for me to use it currently.

bendingoak

Vendor
Mines not that think or long as his. I can fit it in any of my pockets and it works on most chais and even in most cars. I have had a lot of people ask me to come up with something like this and most didn't want it made of plastic.

It's easy to Monday morning quarterbacking. How come you didn't have a portable hat hook out all this time?

There is no story coming with the safety tip. It's just that. A safety tip.

DarthBish

Familiar Face
Mines not that think or long as his. I can fit it in any of my pockets and it works on most chais and even in most cars. I have had a lot of people ask me to come up with something like this and most didn't want it made of plastic.

It's easy to Monday morning quarterbacking. How come you didn't have a portable hat hook out all this time?

There is no story coming with the safety tip. It's just that. A safety tip.

Really??...wow, it looks bigger on the video..(maybe not quite as thick, but the surface area certainly looks bigger

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BishHook004.jpg

+1

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
No, no. How do you hang a hat on it. Please show me because I don't see it happening.

I agree. I'd like to see this in action with a hat. I have an active imagination, but it's failing me here.

As for the portability of John's hook, it's not just a matter of size. I seem to recall John's had rounded edges and corners, which can cut bulk. I say "remember" because for some reason I can not view the pics and video of the hook anymore without logging into Facebook... and I am no longer a member. I can view everything else, but not that. Weird.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up

bendingoak

Vendor
That sucks. I have had my apartment broken in three different times. Three different apartments. If they didn't take my suff they broke it. Only once did I walk into the mess when they were still there. Not a good thing to walk in on. No one walked away without getting hurt.

Gromulus

Practically Family
That sucks. I have had my apartment broken in three different times. Three different apartments. If they didn't take my suff they broke it. Only once did I walk into the mess when they were still there. Not a good thing to walk in on. No one walked away without getting hurt.

I subscribe to the old saying: "God made men, but Sam Colt made them equal"

Last edited:

Oldsarge

One Too Many
And a 'stylish' walking stick with a solid brass knob can make a burglar wish he'd gone into some other line of work! Anyway, I like the idea of the shop-made, personal hat hook. I need one and my hatophile nephew has a birthday coming up . . .

HatsEnough

Banned
Here is a vintage hat holder I found recently. The only problem with it is, of course, that it is only useful as designed on wide-weaved cloth. This would not be good on leather seats, or delicate cloth and it most certainly won't work on a wooden chair or plastic!

Anyway, this one was originally made for cloth car seat backs. It works very well on the proper material.

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Here's the back and the way it sticks to the seatback.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW