Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post Pics of Your Cafe Racer Jackets

jchosko

Familiar Face
Hi folks:

Here's a couple more from my modest collection.

Vintage Brimaco "Raider" in Brown. Has vintage Lightning zippers all over. These jackets are great for tall people because they're cut long and have double main zippers so the bottom can be unzipped slightly if need be. You used to be able to get these for a song, but in the last year or so the prices on these vintage Brimacos have really skyrocketed.

(sorry for the links and not actual images--if someone wants to pm we with instructions on how to post flickr pics directly onto my post that would be much appreciated)

4706621027_7575556088_m.jpg

and here's a vintage Taubers of California jacket. The thing I really like about this jacket is the Talon 'teardrop' chest zippers (like the ones on Brooks cafe racers), but unlike the Brooks, these zip to the outside.

4706630739_9ac95c0639_m.jpg

KK

New in Town
Nice Thruxton! Have you tried any distance rides? I'm hooked on IBA certs. Next one up is a BBG. It'll have to wait.

A 16 y/o in a month-old Cube killed my parked Buell shortly after the pic was snapped. Luckily, Buells don't total easily. He scraped all the little bits off both sides and got the frame and swingarm. The frame/gas_tank is vulnerable but easily replaced, and the factory will stamp the old S/N on the new frame to eliminate paperwork hassles.

This will be the second time the frame is replaced. Two years ago, a little old lady in a hurry T-boned me pulling a U-turn. I was as bent up as the bike that time: ruptured spleen, 8 ribs and a collarbone (the collarbone took a titanium plate).

Another riding season shot, but I'll be back! Gives me a little time to recondition the jacket, anyway.

captaincaveman1

A-List Customer
No distance rides on the Thruxton. It's ergos are pretty extreme. I used to do light touring with my other Triumph, a Daytona 955. That bike is relegated to track duty now. Mainly I do 200-300 mile days on the Thruxton. No iron butt for me. haha.

BTW, I also have a Fox Creek. Nice jacket you got there. Nice Buell too. Shame what happened to the company.:mad:

Here's another pic of the Bonneville.

0522101353a.jpg

And the Daytona when I still did street riding with it.

DSCN0631.jpg

KK said:
Nice Thruxton! Have you tried any distance rides? I'm hooked on IBA certs. Next one up is a BBG. It'll have to wait.

A 16 y/o in a month-old Cube killed my parked Buell shortly after the pic was snapped. Luckily, Buells don't total easily. He scraped all the little bits off both sides and got the frame and swingarm. The frame/gas_tank is vulnerable but easily replaced, and the factory will stamp the old S/N on the new frame to eliminate paperwork hassles.

This will be the second time the frame is replaced. Two years ago, a little old lady in a hurry T-boned me pulling a U-turn. I was as bent up as the bike that time: ruptured spleen, 8 ribs and a collarbone (the collarbone took a titanium plate).

Another riding season shot, but I'll be back! Gives me a little time to recondition the jacket, anyway.

CodeRed

One of the Regulars
I have a MV Agusta Brutale, HyperMotard and a Harley XR750..wish I could post but I always get a upload failure message. Oh well.

KK

New in Town
My attachment permission is turned off, so yours probably is, too. Just upload to your personal web space and post the link, and the Lounge will haul the image in from there.

jchosko

Familiar Face
fit pic of a 60s Brooks Cafe Racer in Black Steerhide. This one is missing one of the Talon "teardrop" chest zippers.

4715172857_b321c61381_m.jpg

Daniel Hunter

One of the Regulars
TAD Gear special.

These were made up for a very limited run last year by Johnson Leathers for TAD. I picked it up at the first annual Usual Suspects gathering in Las Vegas.

P1000432.jpg

P1000433.jpg

It's very heavy cowhide with incredible grain and texture.

It's also got a rather unique feature....

P1000436.jpg

The knife came with the jacket. The sheath is held in the pocket by a leather strap with a snap.

jchosko

Familiar Face
Tommer45 said:
My Langlitz Cascade and Schott 641 (the 641 was relined to eliminate the felt they used to fuse to the horsehide to give it extra body).

DSC01747.jpg

DSC01744.jpg

DistressedSchott023.jpg

Those are both amazing! The Langlitz looks like it's breaking it fantastically. What hide and weight is it?

CodeRed

One of the Regulars
I recently ordered the aged tan cafe racer from Aero...it doesn't normally come with hand warmer pockets, but they are glad to put them in if I wanted them...I like the clean look w/out but maybe the jacket would be more usable with them...any consensus? Thx.

jchosko

Familiar Face
CodeRed said:
I recently ordered the aged tan cafe racer from Aero...it doesn't normally come with hand warmer pockets, but they are glad to put them in if I wanted them...I like the clean look w/out but maybe the jacket would be more usable with them...any consensus? Thx.

I think that handwarmer pockets on cafe racers are very convenient. One thing I'd keep in mind if you want to maintain the sleek look is to make sure that they have zip closures, so that if you're seated the pockets don't gape open. This will also keep things from falling out. Just my .02

Can't wait to see pics of the jacket when it arrives...

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I ordered my aged tan without them. I think they destroy the cool look.
The only time I ever use mine on my harley is when the innerpocket is full, and on the Aero I ordered 2 ínside pockets so I know im good.

TheSnark

One of the Regulars
Lost Worlds Strada

Not quite as trim-fitting as I would prefer and needs more breaking in. Even so, it's quickly becoming one of my favorites:

lwstradazipfront.jpg
lwstradaunzipfront.jpg

lwstradazipback.jpg
lwstradazipright.jpg

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Hi there,

I already posted some pictures of my Vanson Comet in an own tread, but I do not know how to copy out of this tread.....

So here is a photo of my Vanson Comet in brown horsehide. the leather is really thick, feels like amour.

260710092450_110310114652_P1090432.JPG

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
tisdag_2jpg.jpg

Old picture:
Snakeskin boots and snakeskin belt.
me_n_sean.jpg

Same jacket about 17 years later.
Dog is dead, hair is gone, jacket is still going strong.
8.jpg

captaincaveman1

A-List Customer
Guess this counts as a cafe. Pretty much a seam-for-seam copy of the Schott 641 w/ some notable exceptions... There are more pics in another thread but might as well post here too.

Untitled-14.jpg

Untitled444.jpg

Untitled34-1.jpg

Untitled434.jpg

It all starts to make sense on the bike... sleeves pull up to the wrist, mandarin collar sticks up just enough to block bugs/rocks, drooping one-piece back pulls up to the belt-line, bi-swing opens up to let your arms reach forward...

Untitled55.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana