Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post Pics of Your Cafe Racer Jackets

ducatimonster

Familiar Face
Ducati Meccanica Cafe Racer.

20180913_192610.jpg

Wdawg

One of the Regulars
That blue/white Bates is honestly one of my favourite jackets - out of everything I've seen posted on this site. The back yoke that Bates do is just stellar.

I live in hope that one day I'll score one off the bay or someplace.

And to contribute to the thread, here's my Thedi CR when it was new (about a year ago).

IMG_8688.png

Last edited:

barnabus

One Too Many
Since we're on a Bates thread... Here's a flattrack Bates racer I picked up recently "Garry" ...with two Rs. I'll post more pics when it's fully restored.
View attachment 135742
That looks ace! What's that strip of unfinished-looking hide running around the bottom hem of the jacket? Is that a flat-track thing, or maybe some lining that's just flipped down?

technovox

One Too Many
Ton is right...the lower flap is where the jacket zipped into the flat track pants. These flat track jackets are very short, and I can only assume the pants had a somewhat high waist. Unfortunately, there were no pants when I bought the jacket. Lord knows what happened to the pants after all these years, but I'd love to come across them...
Here's one more pic...
BatesMain2_sml.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21