Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post Steam Pink Hue, how long?

Muzz

New in Town
Just a quick question, when I got my new grey stetson, the dents were added for me right there in the store via a steamer. I noticed a pink hue in and around the dents, and the employee told me it would go away after a bit. Its been 3 days and its still there, is there a way to gently get rid of this? Or will it just take longer to disappear on its own?

there is no way to capture the "pinkness" in a picture.

Thanks

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender

Not that I am a hat expert, but it sounds to me that the dye or the powder was removed by the steam and now it is permanently marked.

This is why I go the custom hat route.

I hope it works out for you. Good luck!

Aaron Hats

Vendor
I don't know what would cause the pink color other than the hat should never have been shipped from the Stetson plant to begin with. I swear they knowingly ship bad product on purpose sometimes.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender

Things can happen, so it all goes back to the reputation of the hatter. I have bought several from Aaron who stands firmly behind everything he sells. :) Needless to say, I have never had a problem.

Muzz

New in Town
It was the only stetson in the store, out of the style I wanted, without some issue i couldn't live with. I was shocked by so many irregularities in almost all of their hats. The hue is barely visable, so I'll probably live with it, I'll see how I feel later.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Take it back. Now that you know your size and what looks good on you, you could find a vintage one on ebay thats not only cheaper but higher quality.

fedoralover

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou