Post Thedi Leather Jacket Photos Here........

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by HoosierDaddy, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Marc mndt

Marc mndt One Too Many

Buffalo cossack
    3DBBEBC9-8F1F-4E0C-8FCD-1FCCC03EE829.jpeg 7C41C4B8-C44B-4F6B-B293-F0A2275E8A5A.jpeg 4C4B7866-AA44-46BB-91C1-190675F18C98.jpeg 1DD6A37C-C229-46B4-86A9-F46ED841324D.jpeg 0554A81C-5632-409F-86C8-D07C330CAC80.jpeg

2. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

I can probably find this on Thedis website but since you own this figured you’d know. When Thedi says “Buffalo” is it American Bison or Water Buffalo hide? I’ve noticed a ton of tanneries and makers just say Buffalo without further explanation. It doesn’t really matter as I’m sure they are very similar and not like I would truly be able to tell the difference anyway, just always curious.

3. Marc mndt

Marc mndt One Too Many

I don't know to be honest. All I know is that it's vegetable tanned and that it looks, feels and smells great.

I think just like horsehide, buffalo leather varies a lot depending on how it's processed. Thedi's buffalo is very supple and it drapes well. But I've also seen buffalo leather jackets from other makers which were much more sturdy.

By the way, I just decided to pass this one on. I think the body length is an inch too long for me. Otherwise it's a perfect fit so I'm probably crazy for selling it. CF7DCD98-941B-48FA-9FCF-DA8E0C905F7F.jpeg 1E48D849-FD7B-41A9-A866-10773846C2C2.jpeg

There's a fellow lounger who has first dibs. If he doesn't want it, it'll go to the classifieds section tomorrow.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    JMax, MrProper, Jin431 and 6 others like this.
  4. Tom71

Tom71 A-List Customer

It’s Water Buffalo. In fact, they are being bred in the provinces east of Thessaloniki.
    Never really figured out why, but this seems to be somehow routed in greek culture. I once had this amazing dinner with all sorts of local veggies and waterbuffalo in three varieties. Unforgettable!

Cornelius, JMax, red devil and 2 others like this.
  5. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

As the leather this jacket is made from is quite soft and supple, I do not notice any mobility issues when wearing the jacket. It is very comfortable and a good fit for me. The only thing I would change is to make the main zipper right handed.

58panheadfan likes this.
  6. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

This buffalo is gorgeous! The perfect hide for the style. Now that I see the pockets more clearly, the asymmetry of the flaps is really a nice touch.

58panheadfan, dannyk and Marc mndt like this.
  7. marker2037

marker2037 A-List Customer

The buffalo is gorgeous! If it was American Bison though, it would be easy to spot since it's extremely grainy with a lot of pronounced crosshatching. Thedi certainly uses water buffalo.

@Marc mndt I know the Thedi is slightly longer than you are used to, but that jacket fits you perfectly and still looks incredible even with the extra length. I too wish that Thedi's cossacks would be slightly shorter since he also uses such a pronounced front drop, but in the end they still fit great. What size are you here, Medium? I own the Large in my canvas/buffalo version.

Marc mndt likes this.
  8. FlatCap99

FlatCap99 One of the Regulars

That's a great looking jacket! I think the length looks good, but I do prefer my jackets on the longer side. GLWS!

Marc mndt likes this.
  9. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

Marc mndt likes this.
  10. Marc mndt

Marc mndt One Too Many

You're right about the fit. I've actually asked a couple of loungers for their opinions and they al say it's a great fit. Hey, if I take a look I at my own fit pics I'd say it's a great fit :)
    Maybe I should just wear it and enjoy it.
    In the meanwhile if someone wants to take it off my hands for what I have into it, I'll be happy to pass it on.

This is also large btw.

11. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

Yup. I agree it’s not your normal fit, but I think that’s exactly how this style is supposed to fit. Maybe it’s just not your style? If you can forget that, then keep it, looks great.

Marc mndt likes this.
  12. MrProper

MrProper Practically Family

Unfortunately too short for me. ;)

Marc mndt likes this.
  13. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

@Marc mndt It looks great. Awesome really. Maybe not your preferred length, but man, it’s gotta be close enough. Most of the time the pursuit of perfection effs up a stellar result. “Good enough” normally wins the day, no matter the endeavor (except maybe taxes and prepping a parachute lol). Looks great my man.

marker2037, dannyk and Marc mndt like this.