Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post Thedi Leather Jacket Photos Here........

thedebonair

One of the Regulars
Man, this is beautiful! It´s a difficult piece to pull off ,but you (and Theodoros) nailed it! Much has been said about Thedi´s obsession with "skintight" cuts, but if you can wear it (and both yourself and Thedi can!), it addds an extra dose of "Rock´n´Roll" to every outfit.
Thank you! Leather coats are definitely trickier than normal jackets, hence why I had no doubts about choosing Theodoros. It's a fitted coat, but still enormously comfortable. As many others have already said, his patterns really are next-level.

The care he puts into these jackets is amazing; yesterday he told me he spent 15 days creating the patina on the coat. Incredible craftsmanship.

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Thedi Leathers MTC-127980 Leather x Canvas Vintage Style Jacket based on a vintage Lee 91b Jacket

FL_THEDI_MTC127980.JPG

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
My latest Thedi: a customized MTC-C1279406

It was the search for the perfect cossack jacket that jumpstarted this hobby for me back in 2019: my first thread on this forum was about a vintage cossack I bought locally. Unfortunately the vintage jacket didn't fit but it was @handymike who suggested I should try Thedi Leathers because they offer great variations on the style. It's funny to read back the thread. Back then I didn't understand that these jackets are custom made, I thought they were only sold through stockists :

It's hard to find Thedi jackets anywhere instore. I had to drive to Germany for these. That notch-lapel jacket (first picture you posted) is stunning! Any idea where I can buy such as beauty? Do I have to visit Theodore in Greece, or is there an easier way?

^^ That last sentence is funny. Visiting Thedi Leathers in Greece might not be the easiest way but it certainly is the best way :D.

Anyway, I started my search looking for a cossack with a shawl collar and I remember how excited I was when I finally found one on German ebay. The jacket was originally sold through Harry Damon's Speedshop.

D2B9603A-7DDF-400C-8743-F52004161E8D.jpeg

95A2C0B5-B827-415F-BC53-BBDF51CBDD13.jpeg

Unfortunately the excitement was short-lived. As beautiful as the jacket was and as good as it looked on others, I just didn't like the look of the shawl collar on me:

C89A539D-5201-4338-B09D-6CCE27F93124.jpeg

For a while I had given up on getting a cossack but when I visited Theodoros last September my enthusiasm was renewed. They had a sample jacket jacket laying around which turned out to be a perfect fit for me:

2A4B541C-C5F2-42D3-A93E-6E22C3763D17.jpeg

My smile says it all lol, I love this jacket. It didn't take too long before I reached out to theodoros to ask him whether he could make me a custom one. One that would be close to the vintage original I bought back in 2019.

The original:

9902EFF8-84F9-4DDF-98F6-354C9D813984.jpeg

The above design is awesome (I love the lapels / w style collar) but I had a better idea for the pocket setup:

A74EE341-9C21-4C83-981C-712F504ABEA9.jpeg

Lucky for me Theodoros was ok with doing a slightly different pocket design. I asked for tan buffalo with Thedi's signature 'wash' treatment and left the rest up to Theodoros.

Fast forward a couple of months and here's the result.

A448AFE9-7FF5-43F2-A249-CFEB031E1C4D.jpeg

112B18D3-681D-4AA7-9EB4-FF2C7E8E4F76.jpeg

C6595630-5EFD-48E6-BD4E-A44A81A82EA9.jpeg

Disclaimer: I used a spray bottle to create some extra sleeve creases :)

Needless to say the fit is absolutely perfect. It doesn't feel like a new jacket when I put it on, instead it feels like putting on your favorite pair of jeans that you've worn for years.

The details on the jacket are out of this world. The grain is perfectly matched throughout the panels. Stitching is flawless both inside and outside. Some people celebrate Freewheelers for the quality of their jackets. I now own one and I've handled a couple and let me tell you, non of those FW jackets are as perfect as this Thedi. In terms of attention to detail, this Thedi jacket is unparalleled. I could point out each and every one of those details but instead I'll let the pictures do the talking.

I could not have been happier with this jacket. Thedi Leathers delivered once again.

B0868C6E-22A5-4EEA-A088-D6273B83191A.jpeg

nickv

One of the Regulars
Congrats Marc, what a fantastic looking jacket. I love the collar, and richeness of the colour in the leather. Really nice lining choice there as well. Fits you perfectly. Theodoros nails it everytime! Enjoy:)

Roy Hobbs

One of the Regulars
Amazing jacket Marc and thanks for the review and amazing detailed pics! In my short time here on TFL I’ve come to find Thedi as my favorite by far! With one on hand and two on order I’m seriously hooked!

For those interested, especially in the US, This jacket is called the Niko and @Carrie @ Thurston Bros. can do this in either full leather or like Marc’s previous leather/canvas version. She‘s working up a custom order for me of the canvas model based on the one on the Thedi website which just so happens to be Marc’s.

Marc-really appreciate all the advice and pics here and off-line. Been a big help in helping me decide what I want.

Riu

Practically Family
Amazing details! I always liked cossacks but like I said on IG I wasn’t happy with the collar. This one is perfect. Congrats on such a great acquisition!

Motocann

One Too Many

It was the search for the perfect cossack jacket that jumpstarted this hobby for me back in 2019: my first thread on this forum was about a vintage cossack I bought locally. Unfortunately the vintage jacket didn't fit but it was @handymike who suggested I should try Thedi Leathers because they offer great variations on the style. It's funny to read back the thread. Back then I didn't understand that these jackets are custom made, I thought they were only sold through stockists :

^^ That last sentence is funny. Visiting Thedi Leathers in Greece might not be the easiest way but it certainly is the best way :D.

Anyway, I started my search looking for a cossack with a shawl collar and I remember how excited I was when I finally found one on German ebay. The jacket was originally sold through Harry Damon's Speedshop.

View attachment 415259

View attachment 415257

Unfortunately the excitement was short-lived. As beautiful as the jacket was and as good as it looked on others, I just didn't like the look of the shawl collar on me:

View attachment 415255

For a while I had given up on getting a cossack but when I visited Theodoros last September my enthusiasm was renewed. They had a sample jacket jacket laying around which turned out to be a perfect fit for me:

View attachment 415260

My smile says it all lol, I love this jacket. It didn't take too long before I reached out to theodoros to ask him whether he could make me a custom one. One that would be close to the vintage original I bought back in 2019.

The original:

View attachment 415258

The above design is awesome (I love the lapels / w style collar) but I had a better idea for the pocket setup:

View attachment 415253

Lucky for me Theodoros was ok with doing a slightly different pocket design. I asked for tan buffalo with Thedi's signature 'wash' treatment and left the rest up to Theodoros.

View attachment 415266

View attachment 415265

View attachment 415264

Needless to say the fit is absolutely perfect. It doesn't feel like a new jacket when I put it on, instead it feels like putting on your favorite pair of jeans that you've worn for years.

The details on the jacket are out of this world. The grain is perfectly matched throughout the panels. Stitching is flawless both inside and outside. Some people celebrate Freewheelers for the quality of their jackets. I now own one and I've handled a couple and let me tell you, non of those FW jackets are as perfect as this Thedi. In terms of attention to detail, this Thedi jacket is unparalleled. I could point out each and every one of those details but instead I'll let the pictures do the talking.

I could not have been happier with this jacket. Thedi Leathers delivered once again.

View attachment 415267
Beautiful group of jackets!!

JoeNiblick

One of the Regulars
3F7AB02D-2784-4A8F-BA42-5EA4F10A9FA0.jpeg
E0D05EA6-F91E-4DF0-82B4-12E024EE328F.jpeg

I’m working on an order with Thurston Bros. I like the camo lining, and was thinking of going with the Cuoio, but then I thought the other colors looked better. I guess it doesn’t really matter though, right?

Adam K

New in Town
Again my THEDI CIVIL B3…..sleeves are about a 1/2in to 3/4in to long.this is my first THEDI that IS pretty much made completely of their 23oz gabardine which is EXTREMELY durable and wind proof AND Very water resistant but not quit water proof. im not having to worry about taking this jacket to the woods and ruining it. It feels like it was meant to be worn while camping working and so on. The shearling is amazing. I have several lost world shearling jackets which have VERY LONG DENSE shearling making move to in them restricted but I feel THEDIS shearling beats lost wolds hand down. The shearling in the THEDI is just thick/long enough to make movment in the jacket unrestricted for the most part but still warm enough for fall early spring and most winter weather. THANKS THEODOROS FOR ANOTHER AMAZING PRODUCT
5526F8CD-106F-4865-AED3-6742A766C56C.jpeg

Attachments

• E709C158-1350-47A6-ADB8-AF9591921C94.jpeg
    E709C158-1350-47A6-ADB8-AF9591921C94.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 110
  • C3F239F0-778E-4276-9781-E112352DE1EC.jpeg
    C3F239F0-778E-4276-9781-E112352DE1EC.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 100

marker2037

Practically Family
View attachment 422119 View attachment 422120
I’m working on an order with Thurston Bros. I like the camo lining, and was thinking of going with the Cuoio, but then I thought the other colors looked better. I guess it doesn’t really matter though, right?
You can't go wrong. I own the cocoa and camo combination and personally think it's the best color of the bunch. If I was to rate them I go with this order:

1) cocoa
2) light brown
3) cognac
4) cuoio

Brandrea33

One Too Many

View attachment 415259

View attachment 415257

View attachment 415255

View attachment 415260

The original:

View attachment 415258

View attachment 415253

View attachment 415266

View attachment 415265

View attachment 415264

View attachment 415267
Marc, this jacket is truly exquisite, congratulations!!

I‘ve dithered over whether a Cossack jacket should be in my future, and I too have never really bonded with the shawl collar designs found on many … you have now given me something to seriously think about:).

Last, unless I missed it, this really deserves its own thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana