Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post Thedi Leather Jacket Photos Here........

Damon141

Practically Family
I get why people sell just for a change but seeing how his jackets tend to fit so well, unless it turned out to not be a style that you liked I definitely wouldn’t take the loss. Really most brands don’t sell for a good resale price, maybe Freewheelers. And in that case most are selling because they don’t fit

Mrfrown

One Too Many
I bought mine second hand for about 1/2 off retail, sold it for a little less than I paid. I would never have sold if I liked the fit. Pretty sure I was at least the 3rd owner.

Roy Hobbs

One of the Regulars
Don’t go off of sizing measurements for Thedi but on specific measurements and remember to take jacket style into account. I am 5’9 190 and my last one he made for me thru TB was size XL in a straight zip Aegean but got a cross zip canvas/leather used that is an XXL and is a little tight. I tried on a Hektor from TB and it fits a little tighter than I expected.

Mister Rivets

One of the Regulars
I have a shawl collar marked small 18" shoulder
I have a Titan marked medium 17 3/4" shoulder

Attachments

• tempImageWxi4BU.png
    tempImageWxi4BU.png
    6 MB · Views: 136
  • tempImage9wn6DW.png
    tempImage9wn6DW.png
    7.3 MB · Views: 114
Last edited:

morrison2951

Practically Family
Don’t go off of sizing measurements for Thedi but on specific measurements and remember to take jacket style into account. I am 5’9 190 and my last one he made for me thru TB was size XL in a straight zip Aegean but got a cross zip canvas/leather used that is an XXL and is a little tight. I tried on a Hektor from TB and it fits a little tighter than I expected.

I'm 6'0" 195 and my Niko is an XXL.

I've never been an XXL, but for Thedi.
20220505_142608.jpg

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I got the measurements of an XXL today and was surprised at how big it is.
From the length it would have fit me. But unfortunately too far around the belly and shoulders:

Shoulder: 55cm
P2P: 62/63 cm
Hem: 62/63 cm
Back length without collar: 69 cm
sleeve length from shoulder seam: 72cm

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Not sure about pocket sizing though. Like it on some pictures - on others I thougt a size in between Thedi's and yours would be my preference - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .
There's just one answer to that: get one of each pocket size.

Small medium large

540DCA86-819F-4CC5-9652-559EFB753682.jpeg

Still I wonder... in what price range is a jacket like this with this kind of customizations ?
Thedi doesn't charge extra for design changes if you order directly from them. The customization needs to be congruent with their style/vision though, otherwise they won't do it.

Prices are dependent on the materials used. A custom buffalo leather jacket will be in the $1600-$1700 price range.

g.durand

One Too Many
I’ve been meaning to post these for awhile. I ordered this Aegean in Cocoa Buffalo off the rack from Thurston Brothers back in February. It’s an XL and fits just a bit large over the shoulders and across the chest, but works really well with a sweater layered underneath. Outdoors and interior shots.
E7287BCD-4763-455E-8A55-9325DE5362D6.jpeg
6FC47DB3-F614-4D8C-8DB9-F00EA5F388E9.jpeg
048D59BF-83FE-4401-9896-89E38F490178.jpeg
78112CB8-FE6C-43D8-8423-9C2760E04A06.jpeg

Last edited:

Damon141

Practically Family
All of these leather options look so great. It makes it tough to choose. I ended up with the black horsehide but I’m curious about the gray Buffalo, it always says washed but I wonder if he does it unwashed or does the wash process make the unique color?

I also have always been curious about deerskin, how it holds up for a riding jacket.
The few pictures of used deerskin jackets I’ve seen online are from flathead and they seem pretty worn around the edges of the cuffs and typical areas prone to wear. If it’s a fast aging leather I’d save it for a casual wear jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko