Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

potential archaeology brush

Imahomer

Practically Family
Originally posted by lnbright
Over on COW, there was an older thread about trying to make/locate a brush like the one used in the WOS, to have as MkVII gear.

http://www.villagehatshop.com/hat_brush_for_hats.html

What if you just took the handle off?

-Leslie

I forget who, but someone over there made a real nice brush and sold them at a very reasonable rate. I picked one up and I was very happy with it.

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
That's correct. In fact I should have the new prototype in my hot little hands next week! If it meets my requirements I post pics so you can all give me your feedback.
Inbright, the brush you linked to would work out fine. One of the cool things about this hobby is the hunt for the unrevealed. I myself was displaying a fireplace brush with the handle removed with my gear for a time. I decided to either track down or have a brush custom made that matches the one in the movie, because like most Gearheads "close enough" just wasn't good enough. Also because nobody else was tackleing the mystery
PBG

Michaelson

One Too Many
Oh, it was tackled all right....the prop department folks at Paramount had no CLUE where that brush came from. Like the brief case, seems they needed one....somebody ran into a store, grabbed something that looked like it would work, then the item was either returned to property, taken by persons unknown, or thrown away! Seems memories are as bad there as in other locales regarding this stuff, and no records were ever kept! Regards. Michaelson:rolleyes:

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
Originally posted by CoffeeDude
PBG, do you think you could bring that new proto to the desert adventure? Regards.

If it shows up in time, and based the way things have been going, that's a big if! IOn fact I think I'll give them a call and see if they have shipped it yet.
PBG

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
They're Here!

I FINALLY received my shipment of Maproom Brushes! They turned out great! I can't seem to access COW today so I thought I'd post here first. As you can see they are just like the prototype but, as promised. they have black bristles and dark adhesive. The bristles are a little long, 3.5". but they can be easily trimmed. Take a look:
WithMkVII-vi.jpg

BrushHand-vi.jpg

Again, here's the prototype followed by a screen grab.

InHand-vi.jpg

HiDefBrush-vi.jpg

For those of you who have already ordered, I'll begin shipping tomorrow. For those who want in I still have some left @ $45 w/ shipping in the US.
PBG

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I have one of those brushes

Mine is from the M & F Western Products company......

Mine is great for dusting the crown of my hats.

Anyway, I got mine 2 years ago at an Oakland CA hat store. It works great at keeping Mr. Felt clean.

Imahomer

Practically Family
Re: I have one of those brushes

Originally posted by Andykev
Mine is from the M & F Western Products company......

Mine is great for dusting the crown of my hats.

I missed the point of this thread.....

Anyway, I got mine 2 years ago at an Oakland CA hat store. It works great at keeping Mr. Felt clean.

Hey buddy.... I know it seems like most posts here relate to hats, but this one doesn't ;)

This is in relation to some Indy props. Although you make a good point, because it does seem to cross over!

Mike

Michaelson

One Too Many
What' s the problem? There is a post in this section regarding the 'The Goonies' that have nothing to do with hats, several discussions regarding the MK idol, ALSO Indy related, and ALSO non-hat related, a Pirates of the Carribean Coin made by a FL member, as well as a link to an eBay auction selling a replicate of the Lord of the Rings 'one ring', just to name a few of the non-hat related posts in this section.

The brush is a movie prop reproduction, made by a member of the FL, and a darn good one too. If you want to use it as a hat brush, good deal, but it's still a fine looking prop, and it's discussion is posted in the prop area where it's supposed to be. Your confusion confuses ME.:eek: ;) Regards. Michaelson

Imahomer

Practically Family
Originally posted by Michaelson
What' s the problem? There is a post in this section regarding the 'The Goonies' that have nothing to do with hats, several discussions regarding the MK idol, ALSO Indy related, and ALSO non-hat related, a Pirates of the Carribean Coin made by a FL member, as well as a link to an eBay auction selling a replicate of the Lord of the Rings 'one ring', just to name a few of the non-hat related posts in this section.

The brush is a movie prop reproduction, made by a member of the FL, and a darn good one too. If you want to use it as a hat brush, good deal, but it's still a fine looking prop, and it's discussion is posted in the prop area where it's supposed to be. Your confusion confuses ME.:eek: ;) Regards. Michaelson

Uhmm... I don't think there is any problem. Andy was talking about a prop brush that he found a hat use for. I was kidding him about every posting not being about hats! That's all. No biggie. Just guys having fun.

Digger4Glory

New in Town
Dont mind the new guy looking for a map room brush

Hello, I'm new to the lounge and I understand PrettyBigGuy is the man to talk to about acquiring a proper map room brush. Getting the right kind of brush is something he made happen and I would like to acquire this if someone can help me.
Best regards, Digger4Glory

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy