Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pre- 1940s Stetson dress hats.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
_1255921698101.jpg

_1255921686935.jpg

_1255921676252.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
DOUGLAS said:
My word Dman, your hats are beyond enviable.

Unfortunately, all the ones I posted aren't mine. From the Penncraft down are all pictures I've saved off ebay over the past year or so.

The homburg, playboy, panama with the old logo, and the other straw are all mine, and the Medalist's one I sold over the summer.

I really like the qualities of hats of this era, from the type of sweatband to the detail of the liners and quality of the felt. Truly the golden era of hats.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Playboy and straw alone are fantastic. I agree this time period seemed to have just paid more attention to detail and material as well as proportion.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Old Stetson Catalog

Sorry, I couldn't find a date - these are from a Fall/Winter Hardback book, but maybe one of you can date it based on the prices and styles:

Special.jpg

Bohem.jpg

Wrinkle.jpg

Telescope.jpg

Homburg.jpg

Sultan.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Stetson Catalog - Text on first two pages

There are 19 hats altogether, but the rest are bowlers and derby's.

text1.jpg

text2.jpg

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
ScottF said:
Sorry, I couldn't find a date - these are from a Fall/Winter Hardback book, but maybe one of you can date it based on the prices and styles:

Special.jpg

Bohem.jpg

Wrinkle.jpg

Telescope.jpg

Homburg.jpg

Sultan.jpg

Crumbs...The Wrinkle and The Wrinkle (telescope) look like the uncircumcised and circumcised models.

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Pre-1940s?

This hat has been discussed on other threads, but I don't think we've officially decided if it's pre-1940's or not.

(Forgive my lack of perfectly staged photos.)

It definitely has the gold/black size tag.

C0000228931_03.jpg

C0000228931_20.jpg

feltfan

Great hats and catalogs. Keep 'em coming. I hope to add to this soon.

Didn't we figure that Vita-Felt came in no earlier than 1941?
I'd be interested in that Stratoliner just for the inside liner/patch.

Garrett

a tad snug for your noggin, Dman. I would gone for it but condition needs work and I've got a refurb in the works.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Garrett said:
a tad snug for your noggin, Dman. I would gone for it but condition needs work and I've got a refurb in the works.

I'm sure it is, but I've never seen on in person with "the fray" sweatband, and it didn't go particularly high. As I'm sure you know, there's no substitute to having these old hats in your hands when it comes to learning about them and getting a feeling for dating.

I'll get it in another month or so when I head back to Maryland. After steaming, cleaning and creasing, I'll get some good pictures of it up on the Lounge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner