Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pre 1940s Stetson Westerns

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Stetson "Chamois" Nov. 1928

Not sure where to put this but I know we've seen this on a sweatband along with "The Fray"

5352204415_62e8fe8ca4_b.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
No 1

My first No 1 Quality. Great condition but too small.
Love the hunter green ribbon and brim binding. 6" X 3"

B

no1_11.jpg

no1_12.jpg

no1_2.jpg

no1_3.jpg

no1_4.jpg

no1_5.jpg

no1_6.jpg

no1_7.jpg

no1_8.jpg

no1_9.jpg

Last edited:

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
ebay photos - not mine

Looking through my poached photos, it looks like this one was Dinerman's at one time.

found it - just one page back

nutriafray2.jpg

nutriafray3.jpg

nutriafray1.jpg

Last edited:

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Never one of mine, though I've tried to get it every time it's been offered. A good fix-up, and I think that could be a pretty cool hat.

Alan,

Is the red liner a tip-off to pre-40s? I am wearing a deluxe thin ribbon Stetson today that has the same liner, but
instead of a knotted bow, it has a single bow. It was made for Shudde Bros. in Texas.

Just curious.

This is the only Stetson hat that I have with a red liner. There are many here with more knowledge on this than me, but the foil size tag and sweatband style with very fine stitching suggest to me a pre-1940's vintage. The crest I believe was introduced in the first half of the 1930's.

1X Nutria/ the Fray

The felt in this hat is different than the Nutria Quality posted above - softer with a chamois-like finish, easily hand creased. Brim (3" at sides, 3 1/4 front and back) is supple and fedora-like. I had a very difficult time getting the camera to focus for these first out of the carton pictures. Came with the original Cavanagh box. ;)

fray1.jpg

fray3.jpg

fray4.jpg

fray5.jpg

fray2.jpg

fray6.jpg

fray7.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy