Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Project Runway?

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
ShoreRoadLady said:
:eusa_clap Which is precisely why I get miffed when people ask me, "So, do you watch Project Runway??" (I'm a fashion major, so it's a natural question.)

Ack. No. I do not.

I will say that Project Runway at least requires its contestants to actually produce something tangible and (potentially) useful. Other reality shows produce nothing but drama.

That's my reasoning for watching too; I don't dig the drama (and so far into this season there hasn't been any, yay), but I do appreciate that the contestants have to demonstrate skill and talent.

And allow me to interject a little "hoooray!" for the right person actually winning tonight. Imo, of course. ;)

Elaina

One Too Many
Fletch said:
They're about fashion and drama and fabulousness. We're about style and elegance and fun.

Why does it have to be an either/or thing?

Drama IS fun to me. I have a dress I've made from the 40s with a hip swag (fashion), in a deep orange (fun), with classic lines (style), a good drape (elegance), and an unusual bodice (drama). The whole effect is fabulous.

I don't think this is all to blame at Project Runway's feet: the fashion industry is the ones that are making throw away fashion the norm, and slips/hosiery passe, not the show.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Christian Siriano

Designed her dress
articleInline.jpg

http://www.stylelist.com/2010/01/18/golden-globes-2010-dress-christina-hendricks-wears-christian-siriano/

And it seems Chris March, master of the hair dress, designed for Streep
http://projectrungay.blogspot.com/2010/01/meryl-streep-wearing-chris-march-at.html
articleInline.jpg

cotillion

New in Town
I can't believe I started watching (and enjoying this show). It was really interesting to see the designers have to scramble in a day to design something. I actually learned a bit about style from watching this.

Although last night's winner surprised me, in retrospect I think it was well deserved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112