Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA - Buco J24 mouton collar - old/new fit

Despot

Familiar Face
Hi TFL.

A very quick PSA for anyone with an old fit RMC J24 who may want a mouton collar.

As we know RMC sell a mouton collar for their new fit J24 (as a replacement for the J24L). I recently received an old fit J24 in sz46 which fits slimmer than the new fit J24 in sz44. I also have a corresponding mouton collar for the J24 in matching sz44.

The new fit 44 collar is a 99.9% fit for the old fit sz46. The snaps match exactly - and the collar wears up and down perfectly.

It looks like if you buy a collar a size down in the new fit it’ll likely be an ideal match for your old fit J24 jackets (ie 44 collar for a 46 jacket, 42 for 44 etc etc).

Hope that helps folks out!

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Funny that they have a note saying "no it won't fit at all" lol, trying to upsell people on getting a new jacket I guess.

Despot

Familiar Face
It’s not a perfect fit - to be fair they’re right that it’s a compromise … but it works well enough to be viable. Most importantly there is no strain on the snaps etc.

One final very important point though … jackets vary! And there have been multiple variations of the old fit too… so check in person if you can

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It’s not a perfect fit - to be fair they’re right that it’s a compromise … but it works well enough to be viable. Most importantly there is no strain on the snaps etc.

One final very important point though … jackets vary! And there have been multiple variations of the old fit too… so check in person if you can

Sure, but it's described as though the collar shape changed completely, which is not the case; seems like it's within margin of error.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner