Pull these out from underarm of my blazer, anyone knows what these are?

Discussion in 'Suits' started by carl_c, Jul 15, 2021.

  1. carl_c

    carl_c Familiar Face

    While trying my new blazer, I felt some pricking in my underarm, like the left over part of a cut price tag. BTW, I'm wearing a tank, so my underarm dirctly contacted the jacket, I might feel nothing if I was wearing a tee or a shirt.

    Then I checked the underarm area, initially found nothing, but when I moved and rubbed around the lining, the tip of these things show up as they penetrated the lining, then I pull them out with a plier. They felt like plastic, anyone knows what these are?

  2. Peacoat

    Peacoat Bartender Bartender

    South of Nashville
    Could it be that they were used in the shoulder padding and got misplaced?
  3. JJ Katz

    JJ Katz New in Town

    That is part of the padding. Historically, horsehair was used. Nowadays, it's usually synthetic. Due to its relative thinness/sharpness, with time it can sometime works its way through the layers of fabric. Nothing to worry about, really.
    ErWeSa and Lafayette like this.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.