Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Purse advice

Heather

Practically Family
Hello ladies...I'm seeking some purse advice. My winter dress coat is camel colored and I'm accessorizing it with dark brown gloves and brown winter boots...would a brown purse be over-kill? Or should I add a splash of color? What color purse would you recommend? Thanks ever so! :D

Louise Anne

Suspended
I would also say a slplash of colour also Miss G Red purse sounds good , you could try a red scarf or a broach on the coat to ties it all in.

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
How about a nice brown purse, but you get a variety of colorful scarves to tie onto to handle, a la very vintage?

That way you have all kinds of options for very little cost (thrift store silk scarves are great!!).

Esme

One of the Regulars
Depending on the colors of the rest of your clothes, I would go with either a muted color, like green, or a brown of a different shade than the rest of your things. You can always punch things up by tying a small scarf to your bag. Or let your gloves be a different color and let them lay over or dangle out of your bag. I see that a lot in the movies.

Heather

Practically Family
All very good (& much appreciated) suggestions! I'm partial to red so I was happy to see that option! And I like the idea of tying a scarf...so versatile! I'm not sure that it would've occurred to me but now so many images come to my mind from women doing it in old movies!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
OOh yes, a red, or even a wine colour would be great. I do like a scarf tied too, very chic. I'm also partial to hunter green for a handbag, that's a very versatile colour and great with brown or black.

TheNightingale

New in Town
Depends on the look you're after; dark brown to coordinate, or red (my personal favourite!), wine, eggplant, or another colour to add some spark. :) I like Miss Sofia's recommendation of hunter green, too!

Marzena

One of the Regulars
I'd go light to medium taupe but bright scarf or hat or gloves.
Personally I am not convinced that handbags work all that well as the splash of colour, unless one has a very good figure . But maybe that is just my own view...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy