Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

putting my tapes on DVD

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Back when I had TCM and AMC showed classic American movies I would tape things I couldn't find on VHS. A lot of it was from my favorite year of 1946. My tapes have been relegated to the garage for quite some time and I realized I should put them on DVD before they degraded more. I recalled the great tapes I owned of "Warner Night at the Movies" and some Universal tapes of Abbott and Costello that would have a cartoon, trailers, and a short with the movie and tried to put together my own from what I had. I designed covers for some of them with the movie poster on the front and lobby cards on the back.
I figured I would share the design with everyone here to see what you think.

I've made some more DVDs since then. I wish I had some newsreels to add.:(

Sincerely,
The Wolf

These days many films that weren't on DVD are coming to DVD. There are some exceptions, however. My cousin does downloads from a place calle Torrent or Torrant that has an extensive list of TV and video you can download - I got no clue how it works.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Warner Bros now has Warner Bros. Archive which has made a lot more titles available, even some great early William Powell. Sadly they are not the best quality and offer no special features, ironic because I bought so many of their other DVDs because they had the cartoons, shorts, etc and sometimes a documentary.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ