Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

putting my tapes on DVD

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Back when I had TCM and AMC showed classic American movies I would tape things I couldn't find on VHS. A lot of it was from my favorite year of 1946. My tapes have been relegated to the garage for quite some time and I realized I should put them on DVD before they degraded more. I recalled the great tapes I owned of "Warner Night at the Movies" and some Universal tapes of Abbott and Costello that would have a cartoon, trailers, and a short with the movie and tried to put together my own from what I had. I designed covers for some of them with the movie poster on the front and lobby cards on the back.
I figured I would share the design with everyone here to see what you think.

I've made some more DVDs since then. I wish I had some newsreels to add.:(

Sincerely,
The Wolf

These days many films that weren't on DVD are coming to DVD. There are some exceptions, however. My cousin does downloads from a place calle Torrent or Torrant that has an extensive list of TV and video you can download - I got no clue how it works.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Warner Bros now has Warner Bros. Archive which has made a lot more titles available, even some great early William Powell. Sadly they are not the best quality and offer no special features, ironic because I bought so many of their other DVDs because they had the cartoons, shorts, etc and sometimes a documentary.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Komander