Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Query on Eastman Windward fit

Salmosalar

A-List Customer
Hi All,
I am looking for advice on the fit of the Eastman Windward, if any of you are familiar with it? I have a good selection of jackets from other makers but only one Eastman - the ANJ4, which fits well in the 36”. I usually take a 36” or 38” (for layering) with Aero, Lewis, Field Leathers, Thedi etc - but usually with a shortening in the body and sleeve length of up to 2”. It seems the Eastman is a fairly thick leather with quilted lining, so I am thinking of sizing up to 38” on this as a winter jacket but wanted to ask folk on here how these typically run in comparison with the other brands I have listed above, to help give me a steer? Also does it have much of a taper and/or front drop?

Typically, these approximate dimensions work best for me in jackets - pit to pit 20”, back length 22-23”, sleeve length 23”, shoulder width 17-17.5”.

Many thanks in advance, and Happy Xmas to all!

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
The Eastman Windward runs small. The leather is not particularly thick at 2.5oz, but it does have some insulation, which is warm yet not particularly bulky. I normally wear a 42, but had to go with a 44 in this model, and it is still a snug fit on me. I even tried going to a 46, but had issues with the length.

Last edited:

Salmosalar

A-List Customer
The Eastman Windward runs small. The leather is not particularly thick at 2.5oz, but it does have some insulation, which is warm yet not particularly bulky. I normally wear a 42,but had to go with a 44 in this model, and it is still a snug fit ok n me. I even tried going to a 46, but had issues with the length.
Thanks very much - that is a great help!

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Agreed about it running small, i have the Windward and the Californian and the Windward feels 1/2 to 1 size smaller than the Californian.

Californian:

0s6G3w3.jpg

RC4LBYk.jpg

Windward:

XRiKuwA.jpg

YoryQr0.jpg

Both are size 42, both fit well, but i definitely have more room in the Californian.
Not real usable room though, cause the Californian has pretty slim biceps, meaning that although the body has room for a thick jumper, the arms do not.

The Windward on the other hand is tighter in the body but much nicer to move in (better range of motion), it is fully lined in a great wool lining and with a thin jumper will keep you warm just above freezing.

Salmosalar

A-List Customer
A quick final query - does anyone have info onnthe amount of front drop on the Windward in 36 or 38,, if any? Thanks!

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
A quick final query - does anyone have info onnthe amount of front drop on the Windward in 36 or 38,, if any? Thanks!

My size 42 has a bit less than 1" front drop.
Honestly i would not worry about FD on this model, it is really negligible, in wear you barely noticed it, it doesn't look or feel front droppy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ