Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question About Cotton Shrinkage

earl

A-List Customer
So I got a 100% cotton PJ set in size M, which I would typically wear, for Christmas. Shirt's fine but the pants are a bit too long and the waist too big. Thinking about washing the pants in warm to shrink them, but, obviously, I don't want that process to go too far. How much shrinkage should I expect? Thanks.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would suggest to wash both parts at regular temperature, to put the pants into a dryer and to dry the shirt on a line.

Last edited:

earl

A-List Customer
I would suggest to wash both parts at regular temperature, to put the shirt into a dryer and to dry the shirt on a line.
Thanks for the suggestion. I actually googled how to intentionally shrink cotton PJ's and took the leap of faith to do what I read. Washed the pants in hot and then dried them on hot, while checking the dryer periodically to ensure they weren't shrinking too much. Didn't shrink a lot. Just enough to shorten them some and reduce the waist size a little to my satisfaction. Going forward, will now wash them both on cold per washing instructions.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Little correction above, booze and overtime are obviously not really the ideal combo…:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner