Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question about your shoes?

G

Gabriel

After looking at numerous vintage shoes, I've become curious to ask about the length of the heel of some of these shoes. I don't know if it's just me but, it appears that a lot of these shoes have measure around 1.5 inch heel to them which is a bit intimidating for someone like myself who has never worn shoes with such high heels before.

Can anyone attest or detest to what I'm observing here? Heck, maybe I'm just seeing things but, I'd still really like to know.

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
I don't know what shoes you are looking at. Platform soles from the disco era? Cuban heels from the forties? Cowboy boots?

1.5" heels were never common wear, at least not for men.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
The only 1.5" heels that I'm aware of are latin dance shoes or western boots. Modern latin dance shoes as well as vintage may have 1.5" heels. There may have been short lived fads, but I know nothing about them.

You caused me to have a 70's flashback. We called them Tony Orlando's.
image.jpg

G

Gabriel

Oh wow, did I really put 1.5 inches? My bad! Meant more along the lines of like 1.0 - 1.2 inches. I'm guessing from the replies though that my assumption isn't the case.

fiftyforfifty

Sponsoring Affiliate
Oh wow, did I really put 1.5 inches? My bad! Meant more along the lines of like 1.0 - 1.2 inches. I'm guessing from the replies though that my assumption isn't the case.

I agree with you , I myself don't like to wear shoes with high heels, its awkward and not comfy for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass