Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question regarding from japan

thealfer

New in Town
I just bought a jacket using the site from Japan. Any guidelines I need to tell them before they ship the jacket internationally to me? I am totally new to using their service. I considered using buyee but then read that more people are using from Japan so I went with them instead.

cbez

One Too Many
If it is over your customs threshold (in us, $800) you can confirm they have the right harmonization code. if under, no worries.

I only ask them anything if the package seems really big, sometimes the original sellers use a huge box and then your shipping costs ends up high, so I'll ask them to downsize it.

There's a recent thread with a lot of good info.

thealfer

New in Town
If it is over your customs threshold (in us, $800) you can confirm they have the right harmonization code. if under, no worries.

I only ask them anything if the package seems really big, sometimes the original sellers use a huge box and then your shipping costs ends up high, so I'll ask them to downsize it.

There's a recent thread with a lot of good info.
Oh ok. Thanks. Yeah I'll have to find out what kind of box they plan to ship it out with I guess. It was 895 for the purchase. Do you think I should just ask them to use the smallest box possible? This is my first time buying with them so I'm a total noob.

cbez

One Too Many
Since it's 895 make sure they use the right harmonization code.

4203.10.40 - Articles of apparel and clothing accessories, of leather or of composition leather: Other, coats and jackets

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Buyee seems To have better discount coupons lately. But you have to click a few buttons to use them.

FromJapan don’t need to click on anything to get the discounts, but they haven’t run the 10% off Rakuten for Quite some time now, it’s only 5% to 7% off recently.

Anyways, you have free storage up to 45 days, so there is no rush. You will get an email notification when your jacket has arrived at their warehouse then you chose what you want to do with it.

Smallest box is about ¥4,000 to the west coast
fits one jacket folded

Medium box is same dimension as the larger box just shallower, fit one jacket flat no fold, about ¥7,000

Large box can fit up to four jackets I think, I’ve done three in this size box and there was still some room if really packing it in, about ¥12,000

xlarge box is same as large but even deeper, ¥18,000

photo shows smallest and large size boxes. If you’re buying brand new jacket, I’d advise to get the medium size box so it ships flat so you get the whole new jacket experience.

IMG_0019.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner