Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quick Barbout Int Authenticity check? 18% poly lining??

VansonRider

One of the Regulars
Hello!
This is the second A7 I picked up, I like haveing a spare of difficult to replace items. My first dates to the year 2000, and that's my basis for comparison.

The build and details of this are THE SAME except for three things. I'm postibg pics of the newer build, if you'd like to see the older one to compare, I'm happy to put those up too.

A9AAAF18-FF4C-4A9D-BFAE-575F7C35A0CB.jpeg

The original Barbour Tartan label on this one is stitched at either end, not across all edges like the older one.

45A2A142-CBB7-4327-A381-D4BB1D49E567.jpeg

This tag says the lining is 18% poly and its all cotton on the older one, thats the biggest variation.

image.jpg

And here in the newer on the hang tag is liner fabric. The older one has nylon ribben instead.

VansonRider

One of the Regulars
image.jpg

Older jacket, the seals have worn off but you can see remnants if ypu have it in person.

The hang loop is ribbon, and "the original barbour tarten" tag is a little different, and stitched down on all sides.

image.jpg
image.jpg

And the different tags.

My personal feeling is that production changed a little over the years. I don't think either is a fake, but I wanted to verify with you guys.

Thanks so much for your time!

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
I'm very familiar with Barbours, and the newer one is legitimate. I think production/quality has declined in the last two decades, with corners being cut-- such as the tacking on of the labels rather than sewing them completely in. Still very nice jackets!

VansonRider

One of the Regulars
I'm very familiar with Barbours, and the newer one is legitimate. I think production/quality has declined in the last two decades, with corners being cut-- such as the tacking on of the labels rather than sewing them completely in. Still very nice jackets!
Thank you for confirming my thoughts. They’re both well made, and I really like them, good quality for sure.
I’m trying to reduce petrol chemicals from my clothing and I had assumed the liners would be all cotton on all variations, since a change in the materials seems pretty significant. But still, it’s a small percentage and it will likely be slightly warmer and faster drying. But it was still surprising to see.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great company,

Purchased the Barbour Border Xmas from an outdoors / camping shop well below RRP. Must have been very old stock or faulty because it let water in. Rang Barbour customer services and they sent me out a new one..outstanding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner