R.I.P. to a mint Mallory

Discussion in 'Hats' started by lci419, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Mobile Vulgus

Mobile Vulgus One Too Many

I love the trolley strings. They look so cool on a good fedora. I'd say just over half my fedoras have one.

2. lci419

lci419 Familiar Face

No, Nashville...though based on the level of storm that it was, I could easily see it making it's way down to Memphis to show up on the news :)

3. Johnny J

Johnny J Fedora Lounge Artisan

lci419, keep yours eyes open on ebay. Someone might have found it and will end up selling it.
    Who knows. My condolences.

4. A total bummer.....sorry to hear about the loss of a fine hat.

5. Jedwbpm

Jedwbpm One Too Many

I keep a business card in the sweatband of my hats so that if I leave it behind it has a chance of it making its way back home.

Jeff

6. swaviator

swaviator New in Town

Great idea...I'm going to do the same. Thanks!!

7. Tomasso

Tomasso Incurably Addicted

Same thing happened to me, but it was the Michigan Avenue bridge in Chicago.

8. T Rick

T Rick Practically Family

Really sorry to hear of these losses, especially a nice vintage piece. Sure, there are worse things, but still a historic item most likely lost to the world (an "old hat" to most folks is probably just "trash"), and the personal loss of a treasured belonging is just sad.

I hope you soon have several equally good finds to make up for "the one that got away". :)

9. There are a couple of threads with a Card that goes in the Hat. It says something like:

Put it back, this isn't your hat! I got mine from: (store)

Your Name Info

IIf someone can find that thread it would be great to attach a link to it in this one.

10. Johnnysan

Johnnysan One Too Many

11. T Rick

T Rick Practically Family

My only Mallory (far from mint, but certainly nice enough that I'd be quite upset if it blew away!) came with one of those cards in it (something like "Like Hell it's yours"). Has a place for me to fill out my info. I've not done so yet, I believe I need to get to that! Sorry again for your loss.

12. Woodfluter

Woodfluter Practically Family

So, so sorry to hear of this. Card inside is good idea...maybe transfer it to whatever you're wearing on a windy occasion?

But that's such a guy thing...suggesting ways to fix it. A woman would understand - you need to tell someone and have them realize how it hurts. Yep, I'd feel the same way pal. I lost a valued hat only once, theft on an airplane, but I hate it when that happens.

Best of luck and hopes for more great hats coming your way.

- Bill