Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Radical life change needed!

angeljenny

A-List Customer
Here's a little mind trick that worked for me: tell yourself you only eat when you're hungry. Pick your weight (reasonable please, where you will look and feel good forget the charts!) and tell yourself you weigh that RIGHT NOW. Tell yourself these things several times per day and you will make it happen without realizing it. It's slower than dieting but much more effective, and it's served me well for 12 years now. The only time I really gained weight back was when I was pregnant, and I lost the pregnancy pudge the same way. Rudie is right about the mental programming but I think you can do this yourself too :)

But yes, eat healthier and exercise, those are always good for you. The mind aspect is almost always overlooked which is why people to the yo-yo thing

So think like a slim person, act like a slim person and become a slim person? Interesting!

djd

Practically Family
I was aching today! I did leg and ab exercises this evening so the walk to work in the morning might be interesting! I want to see how much I can do - to figure out what I am capable of.

I only have 1.1kg dumbells - not sure what weight I should be using. Maybe I need some more heavier ones but I am using the Tracy Anderson DVD and she said not to use anything heavier than 3lbs. Not sure.

I can't imagine putting weight on - not without eating rubbish and getting fat!

Try some body weight exercises if you don't have heavy enough weights . Push ups (do them with your knees on the ground until you get stronger), tricep dips using a chair, squats (do them after your walk so your legs are already tired). You wont get big muscles but you will get some (what women like to call toned!). There are plenty of good Internet resources including videos of how to do the various exercises :)

angeljenny

A-List Customer
Try some body weight exercises if you don't have heavy enough weights . Push ups (do them with your knees on the ground until you get stronger), tricep dips using a chair, squats (do them after your walk so your legs are already tired). You wont get big muscles but you will get some (what women like to call toned!). There are plenty of good Internet resources including videos of how to do the various exercises :)

I can do 3 real press ups - I am such a wimp!

I could really feel my leg muscles aching today. My abs ached during the exercises yesterday but were fine today. Maybe I just have to do more of them! Once I am back from my holiday I am going to set a proper routine and start using the exercise bike. I don't mind it but it is boring!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR