Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Radio re-enactments

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I was curious to know if anyone has ever listened to or participated in re-enactments of old time radio. Anyone ever do a radio play? Or a radio variety show? What are your general opinions of making such an effort?

The Reno Kid

A-List Customer
I would like to try it some time. I've never been involved in local theater or anything like that, but I think this might be fun. Most of the efforts I've heard along these lines have unfortunately been campy and not very enjoyable. Still, I think with the right group of people it could work.

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
When I arranged a LARP set in 1930s P.G. Wodehouse-inspired England, we had a realistic 1930s radio broadcast going all day. It was wonderful group of people who made it for us, just because they thought it was fun. They made different variety shows, all very good. It sounded like they had fun!

Warden

One Too Many
These guys have done BBC radio re-enactments.

If I am honest they don't go down well with the crowd. Last time I saw them perform it was in a London shopping Mall. It was just the wrong venue.

Nice website access it here

okayforsound-02.jpg

Harry

DeeDub

One of the Regulars
I don't know if you'd call it a reenactment, but XM channel 4 ran the D Day news announcements in real time last June. Interspersed with the recorded news flashes were updates by the current channel 4 announcer.

I enjoyed the sensation of hearing about D Day as though for the first time. And it got me wondering if there's any reason why we shouldn't have more of radio as it was before, i.e., with a variety of programming, interesting people, and fewer over-produced commercials.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred