Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rain jacket?

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I wouldn't use leather as a rain jacket since they are generally too short to be of use. However I've put many leather jackets of varying quality in the washing machine on a full one hour cycle with detergent. Not once has there been shrinkage. But it does help to soften them up and take the new shine off. My experience is thst water won't shrink or damage leather.

Yesteryear

One of the Regulars
I took the leather pull tab off my jacket's zipper and submerged it in a glass of water for several hours to see what would happen. It was still fine after being removed from the glass; I will wear my jacket without worry of the clouds above.

dan_t

Practically Family
Come on people!
The horses, cows, goats etc. that donated the hides for these luxurious pleasures spent their lives outside in the fields. I doubt that a little rain here and there will do any real damage.
The damage is usually done in the drying out process by an ill-informed owner.

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a leather trench coat that lays half way between my knees and angles and I still reach for my Burberry if it raining more than a light drizzle and I plan to be out in the rain like waking my dogs not just a quick dart from car to building. I have my old beat up western Stetson 100 I use for work and rain. I had the hat soak clear through need a real rain hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn