Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rainbow Country - Black Shinki Herc 36 - interest check?

cbez

One Too Many
I am on the fence with selling this one as I have too many black jackets and the wool lining probably makes it the one I can wear the fewest days in my climate. If there is interest I will post more pics. I am thinking $1000 shipped on this one since it's almost flawless.

The leather is Shinki and looks like what himel calls their oil finish but keep in mind the domestic makers get first priority on the best shinki hides. It's 1.2mm thick vegetable tanned horsehide "aniline finish". Has a firm, clay-ish temper.

Shoulder width 45
p2p 51
Length 60
Sleeve length 58.5

Worn sparingly by me and treated with bick4.

20230929_180440.jpg
20230929_180615.jpg

TelemarkTumalo

Familiar Face
Oh man. So tempting, but I'm afraid the 36 will be too small for me. Great jacket at a great price, but I think I need a 38.

Just for reference, can you tell me your height, weight and chest measurements?

cbez

One Too Many
I recommend comparing measurements with your best fitting jacket as fit is different from person to person.

cbez

One Too Many
Dropping to 950 shipped so yall can pay your Friday the 13th tattoos

TelemarkTumalo

Familiar Face
So difficult to decide. I've been communicating with Luca at Recall. He is telling me that a 40 would work for me, but I don't think that is correct. I really dig Cbez's jacket and the price seems ideal. This will be my first Japanese jacket and don't have any sizing experience.

cbez

One Too Many
one of my fave things about used jackets is you can almost always resell them and break even if needed

I would agree with Will that this is a pretty generous 36 and I have never seen another one in this specific shinki leather

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner