Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rainbow Country Single Rider Jacket

Ganas21

New in Town
Hi all, to those who own a Single rider jacket from Rainbow Country; did they ever make one without the horsehide label inside the jacket?

I saw one online but not sure if it’s fake or not

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I have exactly the same jacket and size and it looks identical to this one. The leather, lining and hardware are fabulous. The source of supply for the horsehide used on this jacket seems to be the same as Freewheelers use. Also the lining is very similar. I love mine!

dwilson

A-List Customer
Is Rainbow Country even popular enough to create fakes? The jacket in the photos looks well made so I'd be inclined to think its genuine. I know RC switched away from chains a while ago so odds are it is a fairly early model.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Is Rainbow Country even popular enough to create fakes? The jacket in the photos looks well made so I'd be inclined to think its genuine. I know RC switched away from chains a while ago so odds are it is a fairly early model.
I agree. When I compare the zipper, lining, leather grain/color, etc. with mine I also cannot imagine that this is a fake as it does look identical.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Don't underestimate the counterfeit industry. A fd of mine bought a shirt of some niche Japanese maker on Yahoo Auction JP and it turns out to be a fake from China. RM is not a well known brand outside the repro market but there are fake RM deck vests on Taobao with all the tags counterfeited.
Having said that, the leather on that RC looks too good to be cheap counterfeit.

jeo

One Too Many
Hi all, to those who own a Single rider jacket from Rainbow Country; did they ever make one without the horsehide label inside the jacket?

I saw one online but not sure if it’s fake or not

I also know that they have had at least one run of the single riders jackets in Buffalo, so obviously those jackets will not have a horsehide label.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I also know that they have had at least one run of the single riders jackets in Buffalo, so obviously those jackets will not have a horsehide label.
I thought about that but it does not look like RC's buffalo hide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ