Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rainbow Country Single Rider

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
[/URL]

Very interesting item. Collaboration item between Bootleggers (now Freewheelers) and Rainbow Country with co-branding tags. I haven't seen any other items in collaboration between the two companies although heard a lot about how they're made by the same factory.

View attachment 481965
The lining looks very mint for such an old jacket!

Does anyone know about the RC label dates, I've seen white back ground ones, and this black one above. I have also seen RC labels with a rainbow and a white back ground.

leather.be

One of the Regulars
If it is ok with the OP I will start posting all my Rainbow Country jackets in this unofficial RC thread. It was, afterall, reading this thread that made me take the final plunge into the Rainbow Country...

First up, the Rainbow Country RCL-10029H Stand collar single rider, Jelado store edition, in Nume horsehide, some type of satin lining. Feels like nylon but I am not sure. I think usually Rainbow Country jackets are lined in melton wool. The thick kind that Aero uses. At least 18oz. The Jelado store edition seems to offer thinner linings for warmer weather.

This one is a size 42.

Fit pics. I am 175lbs this morning for reference. I would say RC patterns are EXCELLENT and are TTS. High arm hole. Just like Langlizt and Johnson Leathers. If you wear suit 40R or 42slim suit, this is how the 42 fits. If you want to wear sweat shirt underneath, go up a size, especially with their thicker wool liner.

View attachment 454511 View attachment 454512 View attachment 454513 View attachment 454514

The RC horsehide is very special. Very robust. I say the same 3.25oz as CXL FQHH but more pliable. Leather and finishing is the one two punch RC does that no one else can match imo.

View attachment 454515
View attachment 454516
Check out how they do the lining. Who else does it like them? The lining is another jacket fused into the shell jacket!
View attachment 454517
A RC jacket is running about ¥180k yen now, which is about $1250, less than GW, FL, HB, FW, LW...etc. And RC is offering leather that no one else is doing and finishings that no one else does. The only down side is their discrimination against larger sizes. If you wear US XL there is no Rainbow for you. Sorry.

Measuring pics for this jacket:
View attachment 454518
View attachment 454519
View attachment 454520
This looks fabulous on you. Thank you for posting as I'm looking for a cafe racer now and will now consider this along with RMC & HB. I like the natural leather a lot.

Damon141

Practically Family
This looks fabulous on you. Thank you for posting as I'm looking for a cafe racer now and will now consider this along with RMC & HB. I like the natural leather a lot.
If you are looking for a Cafe Racer from this brand, I posted some pictures on page 4 of a unique model they released in small quantities, which seem to have vintage zippers and everything.
There is another model be too but both are extremely limited in sizing but look better to me atleast than the main Cafe model they seem to have made in larger quantities for more broad distribution Which has the back of a half belt

This is the only website I’ve see them on and have no experience with them
http://the-rising.co.jp/?action=item_detail&id=1362

http://the-rising.co.jp/?action=item_detail&id=3118

I love the shape which clearly took some thought, you can see the sleeves and body have a tapered silhouette

2BF2FA9D-11CC-4CFC-B62A-5D8469A54F2B.jpeg
2518E13A-AB27-43CE-A2FD-60CAE8B305DB.jpeg
1680EA6A-6925-4A67-8499-833319310DA8.jpeg
6C74819B-1F11-480A-A73C-829B207553E2.jpeg

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If you are looking for a Cafe Racer from this brand, I posted some pictures on page 4 of a unique model they released in small quantities, which seem to have vintage zippers and everything.
There is another model be too but both are extremely limited in sizing but look better to me atleast than the main Cafe model they seem to have made in larger quantities for more broad distribution Which has the back of a half belt

I love the shape which clearly took some thought, you can see the sleeves and body have a tapered silhouette

View attachment 484633 View attachment 484634 View attachment 484635 View attachment 484636
Those are their old CR models. J-100 clones. The Mach was a special. They decided to differentiate with the current model probably because too many are making straight up J-100 clones.

leather.be

One of the Regulars

View attachment 484633 View attachment 484634 View attachment 484635 View attachment 484636
Stunning details. The silhouette is very pleasing. Adding subtle improvements like this one are part of why I'm beginning to love RC so much. Thanks for sharing!

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up

Not to hijack the RC thread, which I am a big fan of, but there is a Toys Mccoy (aka the original and the real real mccoy) J100 out this season. Size 44 has 24" P2P
http://toys-mccoy.shop-pro.jp/?pid=169197529

I've found TM and RC are both extremely high quality and uses the same special die-cast Talon zip pull.

Damon141

Practically Family
Not to hijack the RC thread, which I am a big fan of, but there is a Toys Mccoy (aka the original and the real real mccoy) J100 out this season. Size 44 has 24" P2P
http://toys-mccoy.shop-pro.jp/?pid=169197529

I've found TM and RC are both extremely high quality and uses the same special die-cast Talon zip pull.
I almost bought the Toys McCoy New J100 style because of the favorable exchange rates plus they are priced better than the real McCoy J100. They make 2 versions of this, one is longer then a short version came after which is sold out.

I really wanted to own atleast one off the rack jacket. I wanted to see the mobility and drape if a jacket that was most likely tested and tweaked until they were satisfied to do a production run.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
The lining looks very mint for such an old jacket!

Does anyone know about the RC label dates, I've seen white back ground ones, and this black one above. I have also seen RC labels with a rainbow and a white back ground.
Found this little bit of info about the labels:

Rainbow country, tote bag.
RAINBOW COUNTRY, REAL McCOY'S FREEWHEELERS lovers please.

only used a few times.
Discontinued and no longer available.
A white tag that represents a special order.

It seems white tags are used for special orders, thinking that will be either bespoke or also custom runs commissioned by stores?

This special order Rainbow Country for Jelado supports this theory.
chrome_2PVyMN0eB6.png

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Found this little bit of info about the labels:

It seems white tags are used for special orders, thinking that will be either bespoke or also custom runs commissioned by stores?

This special order Rainbow Country for Jelado supports this theory.
View attachment 486151
Thanks mate. I agree the white labels seems to be only on the store special runs. An A2 jacket that got away also had the white label and it was a Mushman or Jelado special run in the Nume leather. I nickeled and dimed over a few bucks and lost. Another day.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
New model? Looks like their current Hercules model without the chinstrap, and the panel around the hem in the front. Also no panel separation on the back. Looks good but I think I still prefer their standard Hercules model.

Found the info from Avenue site:

・The chin strap attached to the collar has been removed.
・The waist stitch that was on the front hem has been removed.
・The welt at the entrance of the front pocket is thinned to about 3cm.
・We have eliminated the stitching on the back panel and made it a single panel specification.

Interesting spec.

Snapinsta.app_1080_329422082_1315819412319150_863749414487453861_n.jpg Snapinsta.app_1080_329684057_885481202700506_5514234246080349524_n.jpg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Yeah it's just a basic 30's half belt, or a stripped down Herc. If I were a half belt guy I'd hit this already in that camel leather.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Yeah it's just a basic 30's half belt, or a stripped down Herc. If I were a half belt guy I'd hit this already in that camel leather.
Yeah, now that you mention it, they have not made the Hercules in a brown leather other than seal, dark seal and most recently tobacco brown (Barnstormer exclusive) recently, and those are all much darker leathers. I think the closest thing was around 2015 when they used to have Red Brown, and also their Oro Russett colour (never been on Hercules model to my knowledge) but I have it on my Helmet Bag.

I regret not jumping on that tobacco brown, but if they had this camel colour for a standard Hercules, I would be all over it!

Seems this model has been released before as well, great pics by Ole K. Vik in this classifieds post.

Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, now that you mention it, they have not made the Hercules in a brown leather other than seal, dark seal and most recently tobacco brown (Barnstormer exclusive) recently, and those are all much darker leathers. I think the closest thing was around 2015 when they used to have Red Brown, and also their Oro Russett colour (never been on Hercules model to my knowledge) but I have it on my Helmet Bag.

I regret not jumping on that tobacco brown, but if they had this camel colour for a standard Hercules, I would be all over it!

[/URL]

Seems this model has been released before as well, great pics by Ole K. Vik in this classifieds post.
This season is mostly Tabacco Brown and dark seal. Tabacco brown is really nice. Got either a yellowish undertone or red undertone depends on lighting. RC really has the best horsehide from Japan. I missed out on the Ponyboy, gonna have to wait until next season or unless I can get through to this shop that seems to have a Mitsubishi Zero replica in its barn/hanger, he seems to still have some stock but no response in English...

Jasonissm

Practically Family
This season is mostly Tabacco Brown and dark seal. Tabacco brown is really nice. Got either a yellowish undertone or red undertone depends on lighting. RC really has the best horsehide from Japan. I missed out on the Ponyboy, gonna have to wait until next season or unless I can get through to this shop that seems to have a Mitsubishi Zero replica in its barn/hanger, he seems to still have some stock but no response in English...
I'd like to try one on in person, but probably not going to happen. My size, 44, seems to be ordered mostly on request with very few stores keeping stock, so I'll try see if I can get a hold of one when I visit, if not I'll just wait for another preorder of the tabacco brown Hercules. There is a local retailer here in Sydney, but he only has A-2 and G-1, which I am not interested in, although it fits but quite trim.

I also really like the Ponyboy, that and the Hercules are my favourites, and probably the only ones I would consider buying out of the current lineup that they're making.

Jischwar

One of the Regulars
Anyone else do a FW22-23 pre-order from Mushmans? Wondering when those will make their way to the shop

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I'd like to try one on in person, but probably not going to happen. My size, 44, seems to be ordered mostly on request with very few stores keeping stock, so I'll try see if I can get a hold of one when I visit, if not I'll just wait for another preorder of the tabacco brown Hercules. There is a local retailer here in Sydney, but he only has A-2 and G-1, which I am not interested in, although it fits but quite trim.

I also really like the Ponyboy, that and the Hercules are my favourites, and probably the only ones I would consider buying out of the current lineup that they're making.
44 is gonna be hard to find. Most of them only stock up to 42. I've seen the Hercules being stocked in size 44 at Barnstormer before but that black jacket is now gone.
This season they're doing the Houndstooth lining which is new.
I've got a used Ponyboy coming in size 42. I will compare it to the Herc in sizing when it arrives. Rainbow Country 30s fit is quite slim, chest ease is only about plus 2" from tag size, tops. But shoulders are wide enough and there is enough room in the hem too. Their 40s fit is one size larger.
You just picked the two best models in their line up, the Herc and the Ponyboy.

jeo

One Too Many

RC did a collab w/ Mushmans this past year of the Hercules jacket in Buffalo leather that they called "California Brown".

http://shop.mushmans.com/?pid=159875068

159875068.jpg

Interestingly, RC had a collab w/ Mushman's for the first anniversary edition of the Hercules jacket in "California Brown" horsehide back in 2012 or 2013 which IMO was the nicest brown they've ever used for this jacket.

http://shop.mushmans.com/?pid=21780889

21780889.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko