Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Raph Edwards Sportswear G-1

G-1_USN_USMC_USCG

New in Town
Fellow G-1 Collectors,
Just looking for a little help. I just purchased a Ralph Edwards G-1 with the following contract designation: DSA-1-4342-64-C, MIL-J-7823C (WEP). I am assuming this jacket came from a lot issued in 1964 to 1965. Am I correct? Looks to be a very nice jacket with a mouton collar and nicely replaced new knits. Looking forward to getting it. It is a size 46 which will be a bit snug for me....but I prefer the less bulky fit. Thanks again for the help.

Cheers,
Mike
Colorado

thor

Call Me a Cab
Yes, I would say you are correct; judging by the posted label info, jacket seems to date to 1964. Post up some pics when it arrives!

Peacoat

Bartender
Although not as highly prized as the Martin Lane, Ralph Edwards made a nice G-1. And probably a Martin Lane wouldn't work for you as they were trimly cut. Anything in the early to mid 60s should be a good jacket.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
You are correct. Fiscal year, 1964. Ralph Edwards is one of the more sought after G-1s. As you probably know, RE was Cagleco until 1960. Of course, Cagleco started making G-1 type jackets back in the late forties, during the Korean Conflict...a long heritage, indeed. You've got an early C-series G-1. In fact, it might be the very first of the RE C-series jackets. I'm pretty sure that 1963 REs were still in the B-series.

AF

G-1_USN_USMC_USCG

New in Town
Teammates,
Thank you all for the advice and counsel. Here are a few pictures of the jacket for your review and appreciation. Looking forward to your thoughts, inputs, etc.
Thanks,
Mike
G-1 Flight Jacket Ralph Edwards Sportswear_1964_ Size 46_4.jpeg G-1 Flight Jacket Ralph Edwards Sportswear_1964_ Size 46_1.jpeg G-1 Flight Jacket Ralph Edwards Sportswear_1964_ Size 46_2.jpeg G-1 Flight Jacket Ralph Edwards Sportswear_1964_ Size 46_4.jpeg

Peacoat

Bartender
I love the golden color your collar is turning. I have a 1962 model and the collar is still the dark brown mouton. I may need to let it rest in the sun for a while this summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails