Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RE: famous hats, what did Hank Williams wear ? ....

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
.... though he died when I was 4 and I never saw him, the small brimmed light colored Western hat he wore seemed so RIGHT for him. Any of you historians have any idea what he wore? Here's a pic of him in 1949 and his signature hat:

SNF07HANK1_280_642790a1.jpg

Curious minds want to know :)

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Both Stetson and Resistol make a hat called the Rancher. It has a center crease, a narrow ribbon and is available with a shorter, raw edge brim. IMO, the hat Hank is wearing in your photo looks to be a Resistol Rancher. I've also seen a photo of him wearing what looks to be a fedora-bashed Open Road...but the OR was a fairly new style in 1949, so maybe its a later photo.

Picture022-1.jpg

hank_williams_4-1.jpg

AF

Last edited:

hag

New in Town
I have a short-brimmed, silver belly Stetson with a rare horseshoe crease. I always call it my "goin' to see Hank" hat. I wore it to the "Family Tradition" exhibit at the Country Music Hall of Fame last fall. It was the closest I ever got to seein' Hank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou