Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ready for Thedi

Mandarin

Practically Family
Maybe I should’ve posted something in the How many jackets do you have coming ? thread, but I’m kind of superstitious, and tend not to talk about something until it really arrives. When planning on a trip, I only start believing it when I’m actually on the plane.

Anyway, when I saw these incredible designs on the Thedi site, I was struck by the MTC127915 (btw, these models deserve more poetic names than the unpronounceable numbers they were given).

Since there’s no information on the site concerning prices, I mailed for more precisions. Theodoros answered, and offered me a pretty reasonable deal considering I would get a bespoke jacket.

All I had to do was take my precise measurements, give him my height and weight, plus two pictures of me, one from the front, and one from the side. The jacket would take 50 to 60 days to complete. That was in late september. Exactly 8 weeks later, Theodoros mailed me saying the jacket was ready for shipment. It took just three days to be delivered from Greece to my parisian flat.

As I opened the box, the color appeared to be not exactly gray (as mentioned on the site) but rather brown, which is perfect by me. The buffalo leather is amazing : 1,2mm thick, slightly stiff, but easy to move in. It reminds of Vanson’s comp leather in terms of toughness. The texture is generally soft, with some areas showing pronounced grain.
The surface has been treated in such a way that it doesn’t look brand new. There’s a nice shine to it, like it’s been around already.

The fit is close to perfect, quite tight but allowing to move freely, and it doesn’t feel like it needs breaking in.

Despite the slim fit, you can easily wear a thick sweater for the winter. At that point, you can carry a wallet in the inside pocket, but if you add a cell phone in the zippered breast pocket, you’ll start feeling cramped. There’s much room left in the handwarmer pockets which are lined in solid cotton fabric.

The asymetrical front design is a real winner. It reminds of the Snake Plissken jacket, but with buttons. There’s a beautifully shaped stitched pocket, another zippered one and 2 handwarmers with the openings well placed and angled.

Length is perfect, in back like in front.

When buttoned, it feels tight, but it’s perfect for riding a bicycle. Don’t laugh : it’s the fastest way to move around in Paris.

Overall, it’s by far the best jacket I own. It's got my name and the date it was finished on the inside. I’ve been wearing it for 2 weeks now and can’t imagine using another one.
Here are a few pictures.
Thedi pics TFL-1.jpg
Thedi pics TFL-1-2.jpg Thedi pics TFL-1-4.jpg Thedi pics TFL-1-6.jpg Thedi pics TFL-1-7.jpg Thedi pics TFL-1-8.jpg Thedi pics TFL-1-9.jpg

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Maybe I should’ve posted something in the How many jackets do you have coming ? thread, but I’m kind of superstitious, and tend not to talk about something until it really arrives. When planning on a trip, I only start believing it when I’m actually on the plane.

Anyway, when I saw these incredible designs on the Thedi site, I was struck by the MTC127915 (btw, these models deserve more poetic names than the unpronounceable numbers they were given).

Since there’s no information on the site concerning prices, I mailed for more precisions. Theodoros answered, and offered me a pretty reasonable deal considering I would get a bespoke jacket.

All I had to do was take my precise measurements, give him my height and weight, plus two pictures of me, one from the front, and one from the side. The jacket would take 50 to 60 days to complete. That was in late september. Exactly 8 weeks later, Theodoros mailed me saying the jacket was ready for shipment. It took just three days to be delivered from Greece to my parisian flat.

As I opened the box, the color appeared to be not exactly gray (as mentioned on the site) but rather brown, which is perfect by me. The buffalo leather is amazing : 1,2mm thick, slightly stiff, but easy to move in. It reminds of Vanson’s comp leather in terms of toughness. The texture is generally soft, with some areas showing pronounced grain.
The surface has been treated in such a way that it doesn’t look brand new. There’s a nice shine to it, like it’s been around already.

The fit is close to perfect, quite tight but allowing to move freely, and it doesn’t feel like it needs breaking in.

Despite the slim fit, you can easily wear a thick sweater for the winter. At that point, you can carry a wallet in the inside pocket, but if you add a cell phone in the zippered breast pocket, you’ll start feeling cramped. There’s much room left in the handwarmer pockets which are lined in solid cotton fabric.

The asymetrical front design is a real winner. It reminds of the Snake Plissken jacket, but with buttons. There’s a beautifully shaped stitched pocket, another zippered one and 2 handwarmers with the openings well placed and angled.

Length is perfect, in back like in front.

When buttoned, it feels tight, but it’s perfect for riding a bicycle. Don’t laugh : it’s the fastest way to move around in Paris.

Overall, it’s by far the best jacket I own. It's got my name and the date it was finished on the inside. I’ve been wearing it for 2 weeks now and can’t imagine using another one.
Here are a few pictures. View attachment 147913 View attachment 147914 View attachment 147916 View attachment 147917 View attachment 147918 View attachment 147919 View attachment 147920

Wow - stunningly gorgeous!!!
Jealous.....

red devil

Congratulations on such a perfect jacket! You will find out that this jacket will fit even better to your body after you spend some time wearing it. Please update with pictures as time goes on :)
You must be the best dressed cyclist in Paris :D

Wow - stunningly gorgeous!!!
Jealous.....

You need one

red devil

Oh and it's perfectly fine to post pics of jackets when you get them in the "How many jackets do you have coming ?", it's even encouraged along a separate thread such as this one :)

sweetfights

Congratulations on such a perfect jacket! You will find out that this jacket will fit even better to your body after you spend some time wearing it. Please update with pictures as time goes on :)
You must be the best dressed cyclist in Paris :D

You need one

That is not what my wife says!!

GregO

One of the Regulars
Wow. That looks so good. I really like what Thedi is doing these days - from patterns to hide selection. Just so damn nice. And not like what other makers are doing - well thought out and original, yet still relatively classic in styling.

Did I say wow?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot