Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Real Mccoy J-22, Mouton Collar Fits

Shawnziee

Familiar Face
Well, it has been a long time coming.
I have always Loved the way J-24 looked and thought I would never be able to pull it off.
The fit stopped me for a while but I never gave up searching. Until I found a solution.
So, Here I am offering what I have learned with a few that might be still searching.

I wear 40 in J-100 and it fits me like a glove.
shoulders: 18 inch
P2P : 21
and sleeves 24.5: inch
So my issue with J-100 is that the Jacket looks great but my mobility is close to 50%. (That said I still have it and wear it from time to time).

So in search of corss zipped I found out that J-22 offers a more roomy interior and looks the same as J-24. (trimmed fit)
While back I pulled the trigger on size 40 and couldn't have been happier.
shoulders are 18, p2p 21 but it offers more room in the arms and for sure I can move with it and carry my daily tasks.

Here is where things got a little complicated. I loved the look of the mouton collars on the J-24 but there was 0 information on what fits a J-22.
The Real Mccoy site tells you that the new Mouton collars do not fit older models J-22 included. Yet when I would compare the location of the snaps with the old/new models they looked similar.
well after many many months of searching, I found one member here who had tried fitting a new mouton collar to his J-22 successfully. So I was able to work a deal with one of the members here and got one. model # BJ21101

WOW, in my opinion, it changed the look of the J-22 completely
So I am here to promote the fir of the J-22s and go on record with pictures that the Collar fits, ...... ;)
I hope this inspires more J-22 owners to buy / fit the collar and have fun.
image0.jpeg
image3.jpeg

Last edited:

Shawnziee

Familiar Face
Nice fit. So the J-22 fits like the new fit (2021) J-24?
it is for sure a more relaxed fit.... More room in the arms yet a trim fit. I would say it is between the old J-24 and the new. The new one seems more boxy this still has a trim fit when zipped. Let me know if more measurements or pic would clarify.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
it is for sure a more relaxed fit.... More room in the arms yet a trim fit. I would say it is between the old J-24 and the new. The new one seems more boxy this still has a trim fit when zipped. Let me know if more measurements or pic would clarify.
The J-22 looks very good fit, very athletic and has a good taper both sleeve and torso. I prefer this type of fit over the others. Most of the J-24 I've seen are very slim but rectangle shaped like the Lewis tight fits. When I found out about the new fit is wider I kept looking for them on the used market and pulled the trigger with the proxy coupons last week, just sweating now until it comes through the mail. haha.

Congrats on your jacket. Looks great.

Shawnziee

Familiar Face
The J-22 looks very good fit, very athletic and has a good taper both sleeve and torso. I prefer this type of fit over the others. Most of the J-24 I've seen are very slim but rectangle shaped like the Lewis tight fits. When I found out about the new fit is wider I kept looking for them on the used market and pulled the trigger with the proxy coupons last week, just sweating now until it comes through the mail. haha.

Congrats on your jacket. Looks great.
Thank you sir,
you are 100% correct on the fit. Oh, BTW you have to share some photos when yours comes in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner