Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Real Mccoys A2 Alteration

joezam713

One of the Regulars
Hi,
Is it possible to shorten an A2 jacket and move up the pockets? I have my eye on a Real Mccoys A2 in a size 38 but it's about an inch too long and normally I wear a 36 in Real Mccoys (except I don't own one of their A2s). Does anyone have experience with their kakishibu dyed A2? I am wondering if it runs smaller than others. For reference, I prefer a 23.5 inch front length and 24 inch sleeve length when it comes to half belts and highwaymen jackets. Thanks for your advice.

joezam713

One of the Regulars
Uh That’s what I figured. It’s exactly an inch too long, but I imagine it’ll drape even longer because the chest is an inch too wide as well. Thank you for your input

Mr.P

One of the Regulars
It can be done although it’s quite costly and in the long run probably not worth it. Also it might throw the overall pattern a little out of whack, Not to mention running the risk of still not fitting correctly And of course diminishing your resale value. I would suggest either buy it and try it, you might be surprised it fits you better than expected. Or just move on to something completely different.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I tried a RMC A2 jacket recently and I was nervous about the numbers published on their web site.

The length of the body was something in the range of 27+ Inches …. my halfbelt is 25” in the back and sits perfectly, so needless to say I thought the A2 would be too long.

When I received the jacket the length was just fine, I think maybe due to the knitting which sort of rolls up when you wear it.

YMMV, but I’d say that extra inch might actually come in handy.

Justhandguns

Practically Family
I tried a RMC A2 jacket recently and I was nervous about the numbers published on their web site.

The length of the body was something in the range of 27+ Inches …. my halfbelt is 25” in the back and sits perfectly, so needless to say I thought the A2 would be too long.

1" or 2" extra usually is not a problem, unless it is on the sleeves. And on top of that, Japanese jackets tend to be made 'smaller'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ