Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Real McCoys B3 - 2015?

BraslinMclaslin

Familiar Face
Hi All

Winter is coming, and i am on the hunt for a B3. I came across this Real McCoys B3 on eBay, the seller - Greek based - says its New Zealand Sheepskin from around 2015 and is asking for €1750 / £1580. Being the UK, buying internationally post brexit is financial abomination. With VAT + import tax probably looking at the £2000 mark.

I'm looking at Eastman B3's, particularly the 50 Cal and Roughwear/Redskin versions but they're both in the £1600 range. Eastman prices have increased dramatically over the last couple years, so i have reservations about pulling the trigger on a new one, used market is so far dormant. I've never handled a Real McCoys B3 personally, therefore i'm extremely curious.

is this particular Real McCoys B3 worth it, what do you guys think?

Many thanks

106bfb6f-70bc-4da3-8f3d-a874d44b2657.jpg
c97979c0-0fdb-4f93-a2f2-45d44e8e2187.jpg
529405fa-b85e-43e3-9f41-b92ad287db82.jpg

01a25df3-388f-48e1-b592-44ae5d6a35a2.jpg
7b1c843a-b0aa-4361-be18-400d98efd476.jpg
49cfdd9c-5761-4f81-a1ed-6c5f3527cbd2.jpg

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here

BraslinMclaslin

Familiar Face
Real McCoy's B-3 on Yahoo auction.
https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search/search?va=リアルマッコイズ&exflg=1&b=1&n=100&auccat=&tab_ex=commerce&ei=utf-8&aq=-1&oq=&sc_i=&exflg=1&p=リアルマッコイズ+b-3&x=0&y=0
180,000 yen around GBP 1000 can get you a very good condition one. The Few aka Real McCoy's New Zealand is the one making these jackets for RM Japan. 180,000 yen is BIN by the way.
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c1066506382
Thank you very much!

Where are you in China by the way?

John Lever

One Too Many
RMNZ does not make make jackets FOR RMJ, they closed in 2015 ! !
Due to copyright issues RMNZ were forced to put The Few label on their jackets years before 2015, so if the jacket has a McCoy's label it is much older.
The trend is for chancers to use current RM(Japan) prices to inflate the price of old used jackets from RMNZ. They were never much over £1k from New Zealand when new.
Yahoo is full of such jackets, I go online every day to check out listing, some have been on sale for months even years. Now that Yahoo is off line for most of Europe ( unless you use a VPN)Japanese sellers, mainly shops, have started to use eBay...the prices are still massively inflated, often more than the new purchase price.

John Lever

One Too Many
Something else to consider is that an older jacket can have issues with the zip. Deadstock jackets from Japan often have Conmar zips that are faulty even though they look perfect. Two I bought recently had to have zips replaced using Talons from MASH. Finding someone who is competent to fit the zip in the country where you live is a challenge.
Eastman will only work on their own jackets and others may have waiting times of months.

BraslinMclaslin

Familiar Face
Something else to consider is that an older jacket can have issues with the zip. Deadstock jackets from Japan often have Conmar zips that are faulty even though they look perfect. Two I bought recently had to have zips replaced using Talons from MASH. Finding someone who is competent to fit the zip in the country where you live is a challenge.
Eastman will only work on their own jackets and others may have waiting times of months.
Thanks for the info John! I saw a Real McCoys B3 you had bought from Yahoo Japan a couple of years ago on another thread, such a beautiful jacket.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko