Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Real McCoys BUCO J24 2018 Limited size 42 but more like a slim 40

Rgcards

A-List Customer
Btw the shinki on this is nicer than that on any of my flatheads. Literally the best shinki . Shinki has its plusses and minuses, it's more of a look and a drape than a weight and a strength, but this does the best what shinki is famous for

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Doesn't matter. If you think 110cm is slim for a 38 chest, what is your "regular"? 2 meters? 110cm is more than 7cm on both sides. Might be ok for a hoodie, not a cross zip leather jacket.

Japanese-era RMC cuts were always slim like this except the last generation. Might not suit everybody, that is ok. One can always buy a sack of Aero to compensate or lose weight. Either way no need to act like Real McCoys owes every person a fit.

Lol this was the thread with the “people wear Aero because they’re obese” guy. I had forgotten where I saw him.

Rgcards

A-List Customer
Bump. I'm surprised how little interest this jacket has. Can someone enlighten me? I honestly wish it fit, its one of the nicest jackets I have owned

MrX94

New in Town
Purely speculation, but the candidate for this jacket in particular might be kind of slim pickings. It would be someone on the somewhat smaller side, someone that doesn't already own a J24, and / or prefers the red and black aesthetic over the more universal black of the regular J24. It's the same story for the current black and white two tone J24 on Standard and Strange; been there for a minute but still hasn't sold out. Meanwhile, the original is sold out and has been on back order for awhile.

Last edited:

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Purely speculation, but the candidate for this jacket in particular might be kind of slim pickings. It would be someone on the somewhat smaller side, someone that doesn't already own a J24, and / or prefers the red and black aestheic over the more universal black of the regular J24. It's the same story for the current black and white two tone J24 on Standard and Strange; been there for a minute but still hasn't sold out. Meanwhile, the original is sold out and has been on back order for awhile.

If the sizing were different, I would have bought it.

mihai

A-List Customer
Along with the aforementioned by @MrX94 another reason is the fit.
Most people might find more suitable the original fit. This Asian cut with longer body and slimmer top to bottom/less taper might not work for Europeans/Americans. And for this price I'd like something as close to the og as possible.

In general there are a lot of great deals here in classifieds section. Problem is most of the times, there are uncommon(either too small or too big) sizes or not most popular colors/trims/finishes. Like for instance there was the studded(red stones) LW J24. For someone looking for that might be "the thing" but personally I wouldn't buy that not even for half the price. Let alone wear it outside.

Then there's also the pricing thing. The psychological barrier. Unless something is highly sought after, people over here won't disburse over the 1000 mark. Even if everyone posts things like oh yeah dude amazing item, I'd buy in an instant, etc.. Few put their money where their mouth is. Even things with pedigree rarely approach 1000 mark when they sell.

I apologize if I was too blunt. But I tried to address the elephant in the room here in classifieds.

Last edited:

Kevin O'Sullivan

Familiar Face
It's a two tone polarizing jacket. It's a niche aesthetic for collectors only- almost nobody is going to buy this as their second, third, even fourth jacket when they are still filling out their collections early on imo.

It's possible for something to be both high quality and excellently made, and also not widely appealing.

And as others have pointed out, it's hard to flip jackets here for over a grand, especially if it's a niche aesthetic.

If it's some full aniline veg tanned half belt classic from a premier maker, maybe you can grab a grand plus. But the list is short.

Like everything else in capitalism you can either cut the price or change the way it's advertised / improve your pictures including fit pictures. Selling jackets isn't tremendously different from online dating- great pics go a long way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider